Motoring Discussion > Poo ! What a fine . Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 8

Poo ! What a fine . - henry k
metro.co.uk/2019/01/22/driver-fined-158-pigeon-poo-covered-parking-permit-8371914/
Last edited by: henry k on Tue 22 Jan 19 at 12:37
 Poo ! What a fine . - VxFan
Sounds like they could be up in front of the beak for falling fowl of the law.
 Poo ! What a fine . - PR
They could just wing it....
 Poo ! What a fine . - Zero
They need to claw some money back somehow.
 Poo ! What a fine . - Bromptonaut
>> They need to claw some money back somehow.

So as to feather their nests?
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. I see this all the time.

No doubt there's argument about merits/demerits of ticket, lets assume it's utterly egregious. Is Mr Coltart's vehicle correctly registered at his home or business address?

There's a process with Council Penalty Charge Notices:

1) Ticket on windscreen. Can pay at discounted rate or informally contest

2) If no payment or informal contest 28 days from ticket Council send Notice to Owner (NTO) to Registered Keeper.

3) NTO gives opportunity pay in full or make formal representations and appeal to Tribunal if rejected.

4) No formal representations or payment 28 days from NTO. Council issues Charge Notice, fine goes up 50%

5) No payment 14 days after Charge Notice Debt is registered at County Court.

6) Bailiffs on your doorstep.

Steps 2, 4 and 5 involve correspondence to Keepers address. If you get to 6 as a surprise then unless something very untoward has happened either you've ignored correspondence or vehicle is not properly registered to your address.

In the very untoward event scenario you make a sworn witness statement to the County Court and if it's accepted clock is set back to 2.

If Mr Coltart goes to his local CAB then a world weary adviser will help him work out if the witness statement route is worth following.

Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Tue 22 Jan 19 at 13:16
Missed edit. Fact that Council are discussing it with their contractor suggests they might be about to revoke ticket.
 Poo ! What a fine . - MD
richard heads. The Contractor and the council. What a wastes of everybody's time.
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 23 Jan 19 at 01:57
 Poo ! What a fine . - DP
I got a penalty charge notice in an Oxford city centre car park a few years ago after my valid ticket fell off the windscreen while parked. I sent a politely worded appeal, along with a copy of the ticket, which clearly showed the validity of it at the time of the penalty charge. I held out no hope at all, given OCCs notoriously anti-motorist stance, but was amazed to receive an email the next day, not only cancelling the PCN, but apologising as well!
Last edited by: DP on Fri 25 Jan 19 at 08:38
Latest Forum Posts