Motoring Discussion > Green Cards Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: CGNorwich Replies: 9

Green Cards - CGNorwich
Looks like anyone intending to take their car abroad this year would be prudent to request a green card now and beat the rush.
 Green Cards - Zero
What rush? Any references to this rush and inability to meet it?
 Green Cards - CGNorwich
Official advice is to apply a month before travel. You may or may not care to follow that advice.
 Green Cards - Crankcase
Perhaps this adds more:

www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46891186
 Green Cards - movilogo
Only if there is no-deal Brexit - the probablity of happening that is very low.

If that indeed happens, then all predictions say people will be so poor that may not be able to afford cars so no need for taking car to mainland Europe :o)

Green Cards - Zero

>> If that indeed happens, then all predictions say people will be so poor that may
>> not be able to afford cars so no need for taking car to mainland Europe

Ironically that will only apply to those who voted Brexit, not those who promised them milk and honey to do so.
 Green Cards - movilogo
UK cars are in favour of hard Brexit. This is because all our cars are hardwired with steering on anti Europe side.
 Green Cards - Zero
>> Official advice is to apply a month before travel. You may or may not care
>> to follow that advice.

That has always been the advice, pre EU, pre or post Brexit. When you have needed one that is.

Green Cards - CGNorwich
Should we require them for the EU there would of course be a huge increase in demand. Best get your request in now. Better safe than sorry and all that.

Off now to buy some emergency supplies. Don't want to run out of Brie and olives.
 Green Cards - Zero
I should be off to stock up on mortadella, but of course given my medical issue I have given up on processed meats.

There, you see, its true - Brexit even cures cancer.
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 17 Jan 19 at 14:00
Latest Forum Posts