Motoring Discussion > Sometimes its just not your time Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 10

Sometimes its just not your time - Zero
To depart this life

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-46578052

Fate is a strange and fickle thing.
 Sometimes its just not your time - No FM2R
Damn. Now that ought to be a learning experience.
 Sometimes its just not your time - bathtub tom
Yeah, with the close shaves I've had, I sometimes think someone up there has a very strange exit strategy for me.
 Sometimes its just not your time - sooty123
Looks very similar to the woman who crashed into the Harrier at Wittering earlier this year. Fuel tank straight through the windscreen, driver walked away with barely a scratch.
Incredible, (both accidents) no doubt you'd end with a very different perspective on life after that sort of thing.
How the hell do you crash into the gate guardian at Wittering? Its well out the way!!!

goo.gl/maps/kWhjoLQtk1n

(is it a real one BTW or one of those fibreglass replicas?)
Last edited by: Zero on Sat 15 Dec 18 at 14:32
I thought the same thing, but someone managed it. I'll see if I still got the picture of it.

Yes it's real.
I did some dog training with the RAF police there, We did hunt the criminal in the old nuclear bomb store out the back and across the road,
I couldn't find my picture, but this link gives a good idea especially the first picture.

www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/car-smashes-into-iconic-harrier-jet-at-raf-wittering-1-8554069
 Sometimes its just not your time - Falkirk Bairn
Not so lucky was a driver in front of me coming South from Aberdeen circa 1989.

He had driven up the back of a tractor with a plough on the back (5 blades).
I was 2nd on the scene, the chap was dead & I was advised not to look - beheaded.
My involvement was my car phone 999 call for police etc
(mobile phones were around £3,000 & thin on the ground)

The tractor driver said he had the yellow flasher on the roof working - it was when driver #1 arrived but we were suspicious that it was put on after the collision as it would be difficult to miss a strong flashing light in the complete darkness of the dual carriageway - 7pm ish in November
 Sometimes its just not your time - legacylad
In my neck of the woods it amazes me how many trailers, towed by agricultural vehicles, have no connected lights. Tractors normally have yellow flashing lights, but LRovers and pick ups towing trailers, livestock or whatever, are regularly without lights. Often during hours of darkness.
The few local police don’t seem to care
 Sometimes its just not your time - R.P.
Same around here. Rural hazards.
Latest Forum Posts