Motoring Discussion > Christmas Tree on Van Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 22

Christmas Tree on Van - Zero
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-46454654

I'm fairy well sure he twigged what he was doing,
 Christmas Tree on Van - No FM2R
More drama from the delicates...

"Shocking image" Shocking?

I'm not even convinced it's dangerous, but even if it is, 'shocking'? God only knows how she deals with the rest of the road antics these days if that is her threshold for shocking.
 Christmas Tree on Van - R.P.
Fir enough...
 Christmas Tree on Van - Duncan
>> Fir enough...
>>

You saw that in the text...
I made it up, I'm obviously not that original !
 Christmas Tree on Van - Zero
Oh blimey, you are in dead lumber now
 Christmas Tree on Van - Timeonmyhands
Special branch investigating.
 Christmas Tree on Van - sherlock47
the trunk would not fit...
Leaf it now. You're barking up the wrong tree.
 Christmas Tree on Van - Clk Sec
Mark sounds needled...
 Christmas Tree on Van - Duncan
Police are stumped.
 Christmas Tree on Van - VxFan
That's one hell of a pine flavoured magic tree air freshener.
 Christmas Tree on Van - Cliff Pope
It would be interesting to know exactly which regulations the load was contravening:

Security - was it stapped down securely?

Height - Is there a height restriction based on the size of the vehicle, or is anything up to the height of a large lorry or double-decker bus permitted?

Overhang at rear - Over 1 metre needs a red flag or something? But what is the maximum?

Overhang at front - 1 metre?

Is is a policeman's vague impression enough to condemn it - that looks odd, I bet it's unsafe?
 Christmas Tree on Van - CGNorwich
Come on, that load is clearly insecure. That is no way safe and I would be very wary of being anywhere near it.
 Christmas Tree on Van - henry k
Looking at the wheel arches gives the impression of a little overloaded at the rear and probably "light" steering , judging by the extra clearance at the front .
 Christmas Tree on Van - Cliff Pope
>> Come on, that load is clearly insecure. That is no way safe and I would
>> be very wary of being anywhere near it.
>>

The van has what appears to be a roof rack?
Leaving aside the mass of confusing foliage, we can't actually see whether the trunk is securely strapped or not.
 Christmas Tree on Van - Fenlander
>>> policeman's vague impression enough to condemn it - that looks odd, I bet it's unsafe?

I'm not judging this tree situation but there's a hint of the above quote in the behaviour of some coppers who can take things a bit too seriously.... "Sir we've stopped you as we note you have a silver car... would you like to explain yourself".

The only time I've been stopped in decades was "because we noted you were indicating correctly all all the junctions as we've followed you... and people usually don't bother so thought we'd have a little chat".
>>The only time I've been stopped in decades was...
A sunny Sunday afternoon 500 yards from my home.
My son was driving with me as a passenger and the reason was " the spacing on the characters on the number plate were not quite correct."
" Well officer I have just bought the car an hour ago and did not notice the number plate especially as the previous owner wants them back."
( They were rubbish plates that only the owner cherished them )
A likely story ?
I think to their surprise all checked out correctly and we were allowed to proceed.
I was impressed the new insurance was on the data base
 Christmas Tree on Van - Dulwich Estate II
The sketch starts about 30 seconds in . .

www.youtube.com/watch?v=teSPN8sVbFU
Remember it so well... which brings us to... www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9lmCpIzhFo
" Well officer I have just bought the car an hour ago and did not notice the number plate especially as the previous owner wants them back."

The Officers were clearly in the wrong in not engaging their mind reading technology
>>> just bought the car an hour ago and did not notice

Of course the van/tree guy should have stuck to a similar story... Jesus I never noticed, what's that doing on there...
>> The Officers were clearly in the wrong in not engaging their mind reading technology
>>
So did not see the other set of plates in the boot :-)
Latest Forum Posts