Motoring Discussion > Central reservation barriers Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 3

Central reservation barriers - bathtub tom
I reported a cable barrier that had been damaged and was surprised to hear a radio report that severe delays had been caused by a lane closure due to essential barrier repairs - it wasn't me that hit it guv, honest.

I thought these cable barriers were non-desirable due to the limb damage they could cause to motorcyclists. Google shows a cover over the cables that's not there today: goo.gl/maps/PtGtucD456R2
Anyone explain why?
 Central reservation barriers - Manatee
Been past there twice today, in opposite directions. It wasn't me either.

There was a lane closure tonight westbound a few miles near Bedford - but no hold ups.
 Central reservation barriers - R.P.
www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/school-minibus-horror-2897808

Same type of barrier. Anglesey council (i.e. the tax payers) were subsequently fined for failing to maintain the cable type barrier. Cheap solutions.
 Central reservation barriers - Fullchat
When I was 'On the road' there was a simple process for reporting damage to roadside furniture to the local authority.
So if we were dealing with a collision we could capture the information and forward the details for the offending vehicle to receive a bill from the LA.
However since the Police seem to be taking less and less interest in dealing with RTCs and Traffic matters in general (apart from speeders) that information it would seem is: 1.not getting passed on. 2: The costs are being born by the LA (tax payer).
Last edited by: Fullchat on Wed 5 Dec 18 at 11:15
Latest Forum Posts