Motoring Discussion > Off to Wales tomorrow! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 6

Off to Wales tomorrow! - Bobby
Taking in laws down to see one of their siblings tomorrow in Welshpool.

Google maps saying M74/M6/M56/M53/A55

Anyone local with any knowledge to the contrary? Looks straightforward but just checking there are no local weekend closures or suchlike?
 Off to Wales tomorrow! - CGNorwich
Easy to check.

highwaysengland.co.uk/roadworks-search/?days=0®ion=all-regions&county=all-counties&location=&radius=10&roadlist=&severity=Severe
Cheers CG
 Off to Wales tomorrow! - R.P.
If you find your way Denbigh way..I'll e-mail my contacts to you. We're out singing in the morning at the 11th hour but home thereafter.
well back today, run both ways was relatively straightforward.

Got caught behind a Stobart lorry doing 40mph on the last stretch of A roads which was a pain in the neck. Interestingly coming back, artics seemed more happy to press onto their 56 mph limiters on the single carriageway A roads - maybe there are different laws on a Wednesday :)

Over the two journeys I did not see a single police car. Saw a few highway vehicles and one camera van on the bridge over the M74. I'll soon find out if my theory on cruise control 77mph indicated is a wise!

Averaged 53.95 mpg going down with 4 on board and boot full and 77mph pretty much most of the way only took £36 of fuel down there when I filled up - £9 a head. I can't even get a train to Edinburgh from where I live for that!
 Off to Wales tomorrow! - Pat
No different laws on a Wednesday Bobby, just different laws in Scotland to England.

HGV speed limit in England was raised to 50MPH on single carriageway roads but Scotland refused to do the same and kept it at 40MPH.

Pat
That’s interesting Pat, didn’t know that!
I knew we have trialled a higher limit in A9 but didn’t know England was different.
Maybe the Stobart driver didn’t know either!
Latest Forum Posts