Motoring Discussion > Oh fudge - advice? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 11

Oh fudge - advice? - Crankcase
Yesterday we shopped. Bought some (sugar free) fizzy pop.

You guessed it, bottle decided to split in the car, sprayed everywhere. Mopped as best as possible when we got home, but today the seats are stained.

I guess its mostly water of course, and the car smells pleasantly of cherryade, but it's not a good look.

Before I google for some magic potion that won't work, any suggestions of products or remedies that DO work? Somebody here must have been down this route?

Oh fudge - advice? - Dog
Call in a stunorthants-type bod and see if you can get the supermarket to pay forrit.
 Oh fudge - advice? - rtj70
Stuu is probably someone with an answer. I am assuming he cleans the inside of cars as well as the outside.

I suppose you could try a pressure washer - although I've only once seen someone pressure wash the inside of a car and I'm not sure they were meant to. I can imagine the car wash place 'manager' told the young lad the inside needed cleaning on the car... and he did the inside with the pressure washer after he'd done the outside. I think the dash would have come up nicely.
 Oh fudge - advice? - Pat
Baby wipes are used for all stains in this house and are excellent at the job.

Pat
I don't want to pay a fortune, at first pass, for a valeter. I'm not totally convinced about a pressure washer and I don't have any baby wipes. Which I think are about to be banned anyway (I may have that wrong, I know nothing about children).

But thanks anyway all.

Some Bloke on YouTube used a shop vac and some Dawn. A couple of hours of translation from American leads me to believe that my English equivalent of "spray a bit of dilute Fairy Liquid on it, daub at it feebly with a paper towel, close the garage and run" technique will tomorrow yield a perfect seat as from the factory.

I'm afraid I will let you know how it goes.
 Oh fudge - advice? - sooty123
You can try baby wipes they are widely available and in no danger of being banned.
 Oh fudge - advice? - legacylad
Yes. Borrow a baby and wipe the seats with it.
BBD probably knows plenty of babes but that’s a different kettle of fish
>> You can try baby wipes they are widely available and in no danger of being
>> banned.

www.independent.co.uk/environment/wet-wipes-banned-uk-pollution-single-use-rubbish-sea-life-environment-a8340111.html

And for balance

chemicalwatch.com/66792/uk-government-denies-ban-on-wet-wipes
Last edited by: Crankcase on Fri 9 Nov 18 at 17:14
 Oh fudge - advice? - sooty123
I think you'll be ok to buy some this week or next ;)
 Oh fudge - advice? - Fullchat
The sugar (or whatever is in it) will have soaked through the material and into the foam underneath. So any amount of dabbing and rubbing really isn't going to soak up much.
It needs a good sponging with hot water and a mild detergent and then toweling or better still wet vacuuming off several times. You've got to get deep into the foam underneath.

Of course this time of year the issue is getting it dry again.
 Oh fudge - advice? - Manatee
The boss uses some stuff called Vanish. Whatever it is, it works on pale carpets.
 Oh fudge - advice? - Dog
Last night I put some black stove (wood burner) aerosol paint tins in a plastic bag on the rear seat of my car and they leaked all over the seat.

T'was a dream I had in the night and this fred has just reminded me ovvit.
Latest Forum Posts