Motoring Discussion > BMW - That time of year... Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: PeterS Replies: 9

BMW - That time of year... - PeterS
Well, it’s November the 2nd and a very bright and frosty morning. Good job I’d already booked a mobile tyre fitter to swap the wheels on the BMW for the set with winter tyres on. I say winter, I think the Michelin Cross Climates are actually all season tyres ;)

I’d add at this point that the 19” Bridgestone runflats fitted to the MINI have very poor grip in damp/cold conditions. Maybe I need another set :)

Get ready for a question late December as to whether we’re better off taking the BMW on winter tyres to France, where there’ll be a higher chance of snow, for the New Year or a MINI (front wheel drive...) on 19” summer tyres :p
 BMW - That time of year... - Zero
>> Well, it’s November the 2nd and a very bright and frosty morning. Good job I’d
>> already booked a mobile tyre fitter to swap the wheels on the BMW for the
>> set with winter tyres on. I say winter, I think the Michelin Cross Climates are
>> actually all season tyres ;)

Would you like to see the video of the Beemer powering up the snowy dales in the midst of the Beast from the East on summer tyres again?
I’ve seen it thanks :)
Very impressive!
Not a convertible though :p
 BMW - That time of year... - Runfer D'Hills
I saw it too, couldn’t half tell it was a soft southerner driving it though. All over the shop. Clueless. ;-)

Funnily enough, I had to put 4 tyres on my wife’s Qashqai last week and Crossclimates were about the same price as anything else I’d heard of so that’s what it got. Won’t snow now of course.
 BMW - That time of year... - R.P.
The 335 managed the 1/4 mile up the hill on standard tyres during the "beast". Pop it in Drive, engage max traction and climb the hill more or less on tickover. Did it once, discretion was the better part of valour though and didn't use it much.
 BMW - That time of year... - Runfer D'Hills
The E seems to manage fine on its watch strap profile summer tyres in all conditions. Just have to take it easy when appropriate of course. I'm sure it'd benefit from winter tyres in extreme conditions, logic says it would, but I've never been stuck or unable to use it on its normal tyres even going up over the Cat and Fiddle in deep snow.
 BMW - That time of year... - Bobby
Three tonnes of ladies shoes over the driven wheels must help to be fair...
>> Three tonnes of ladies shoes over the driven wheels must help to be fair...
>>

Are studded tyres really just stiletto tyres then...?
 BMW - That time of year... - Dog
www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/advice/should-i-buy-winter-tyres/
 BMW - That time of year... - legacylad
My brother bought a 4 WD Subaru Levorg 12 months ago. It came with ‘ all season’ tyres. Lots of tread left but today he told me that he’s going to buy a set of proper ‘ winter tyres’ and refit the ‘all season’ tyres next Spring.
FFS
Last edited by: legacylad on Tue 6 Nov 18 at 21:48
Latest Forum Posts