Motoring Discussion > Honda CR-V II - Spare wheel cover. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Pat Replies: 12

Honda CR-V II - Spare wheel cover. - Pat
It drives me absolutely mad!

It is the hard cover and says HONDA on it but it won't stay horizontal.

It is always about 20 degrees off being straight and everytime I stop, or walk past it on the drive, I straighten it up...............but everytime I look, it's back to being crooked again.

Every other one I see is the same and it's no consolation at all, so can anyone remember just what they did to cure the problem please?

Pat
Last edited by: pda on Mon 30 Aug 10 at 18:13
 Honda CR-V II - Spare wheel cover. - Runfer D'Hills
Rub a bit of Pritt stick or other weak water based glue on the tyre before putting the cover on. It'll still come off peasy easy but the cover won't move in normal use. Used to do that on my old Landy.
 Honda CR-V II - Spare wheel cover. - Iffy
Use Copydex and it'll put a bit of extra tread on the tyre as well. :)
 Honda CR-V II - Spare wheel cover. - Zero
Its funny, every time i walk past a CRV, I turn the spare wheel cover round a bit, it must make some people crazy.
 Honda CR-V II - Spare wheel cover. - ....
pda,
How's the OCD about the little H's in the middle of the wheels not lining up when parking ?
 Honda CR-V II - Spare wheel cover. - Bellboy
hammer a nail through it
 Honda CR-V II - Spare wheel cover. - Iffy
I'd love a Rolls Royce with those spinning wheel centres which always hang upright.
 Honda CR-V II - Spare wheel cover. - Old Navy
>> I'd love a Rolls Royce with those spinning wheel centres which always hang upright.
>>

Buy a set of drug dealer spinning wheel trims and attach a weight to the edge so that it sits stationary when the wheel is rotating. You don't even need a RR.
 Honda CR-V II - Spare wheel cover. - Lygonos
Pump the spare up to 45psi.
But do we need tyre levers to get the cover on then!

Pat
 Honda CR-V II - Spare wheel cover. - Manatee
You'll need tyre levers to get it on if you replace the tyres with Michelins. Despite being the same nominal size, they are quite a bit bigger than the original Bridgestones and with full tread the cover had to be battered on.

Prior to the Michelins, I have had the rotating cover feature on two of these cars since 2002. I never got around to finding a cure, I just straightened it up now and then.
Surely though if Honda's marketing and design department were woth anything they would have solved such a simple problem?

It's so obvious to everyone, it's the one place the vehicle carries the manufacturers name and in such big letters ( I can't think of any other car that does that) and to me, it gives the impression that Honda doesn't pay attention to detail.

To my simple mind, an opputunity to advertise a company name on a vehicle should be grasped with both hands and done properly, to give a correct impression of the company.

Pat
 Honda CR-V II - Spare wheel cover. - Ted

Put the cover on 20 degrees in the opposite direction to horizontal....maybe it will nadge it's way round to just where you want it..Simples.........you know my address for the cheque !

Ted
Latest Forum Posts