Motoring Discussion > The ‘new’ baby on-board? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Rudedog Replies: 11

The ‘new’ baby on-board? - Rudedog
What is it with the increase of the 'I've got a black box fitted' type of stickers on the backs of cars?

Does that excuse the erratic and some times dangerously slow driving?

There is one car that I regularly come across on my drive to work, sticks to a constant 27 mph regardless of the speed limit even in the 40 zone, they also seem not to want to brake for junctions but rather slowly creep to the line therefore avoiding to stop.

Not sure how having a sticker helps?
 The ‘new’ baby on-board? - sooty123
Not seen one yet, are there any company names on them?
 The ‘new’ baby on-board? - Dieselboy
I saw an "Autistic child on board" sticker the other day. Whatever next?
 The ‘new’ baby on-board? - VxFan
One of the best stickers I've seen on the back of a car was:-

"My driving may well annoy you....

But not as much as my telematics box annoys me"
 The ‘new’ baby on-board? - legacylad
My fav sticker....” Please Lord make me the person my dog thinks I am”
 The ‘new’ baby on-board? - Bromptonaut
>> I saw an "Autistic child on board" sticker the other day. Whatever next?

Two possibilities:

Autistic and proud, or

They want you to make some concession to autism (like Manchester Uni's request not to clap) but unless we all understand what's wanted it doesn't help much.
 The ‘new’ baby on-board? - Dave_
>> they also seem not to want to brake for junctions

A bloke down the pub has told them not to exert any g-force on the black box, as it'll put their premiums up. My daughter's boyfriend has a box in his 1.0 Micra and drives it perfectly normally; he never gets any infringements that I know of.
 The ‘new’ baby on-board? - Cliff Pope
>>
>> they also seem not to want to brake for junctions but rather slowly creep to
>> the line therefore avoiding to stop.
>>

I do that if I know I've got to stop anyway. What's the point of wasting petrol and brake pads and clutch linings when you could just drive smoothly straight through the lights when they change to green?
Not if there's a tailgater behind obviously. They need as much warning as possible.
 The ‘new’ baby on-board? - Old Navy
Some people do not understand the tortoise and hare story, or average speed cameras. I suspect many of us have been dangerously overtaken only to find yourself behind the overtaker at the next lights, junction, or bit of slow traffic. What is the point of racing to the stop a few hundred yards or even a mile ahead. If these drivers save a few seconds on their journey I wonder what the do with these few seconds they may have risked a collision to save.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 4 Oct 18 at 11:51
 The ‘new’ baby on-board? - bathtub tom
I expect we've all overtaken the car in front, only to catch up with a convoy of half-a-dozen that were unseen around the next bend and then to be caught by the one car we've just passed!
 The ‘new’ baby on-board? - Old Navy
Excuses. :-)
 The ‘new’ baby on-board? - devonite
justice can have funny moments too! - the other day I was stuck in a long line of slowish moving traffic on the A590, as we came to a short dual carriage way section a young pup in a hot-hatch pulled out and tried to shoot to the head of the queue, unfortunately he ran out of road and had to come to a complete stop. Nobody in the queue would let him in again, and he eventually ended up about a dozen cars behind where he originally was.
Latest Forum Posts