Motoring Discussion > Biker jailed filming himself at 189 mph Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 14

Biker jailed filming himself at 189 mph - VxFan
A reckless biker has been jailed for 21 months after filming himself speeding at almost 200 miles per hour - believed to be the highest speed reached by a motorbike on British roads.

Police found hundreds of videos and images of reckless driving on his laptop.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5971773/Idiot-biker-jailed-filming-speeding-200-miles-hour.html (also reported elsewhere)
 Biker jailed filming himself at 189 mph - Old Navy
No doubt social media strikes again. I wonder at the thought processes of people who don't realise that a dashcam records their own poor driving skills while they are judging others.
 Biker jailed filming himself at 189 mph - Zero
Shock horror, Daily Mail ONLY exaggerated headline by 5%
 Biker jailed filming himself at 189 mph - No FM2R
>>Daily Mail ONLY exaggerated headline by 5%

It's worse than you think.

5.82%
 Biker jailed filming himself at 189 mph - CGNorwich
Aren't they allowed to exaggerate by 10%+2?
 Biker jailed filming himself at 189 mph - DP
>> believed to be the highest speed reached by a motorbike
>> on British roads.

I think they mean the highest speed reached by a motorbike where the rider was caught. :-)
 Biker jailed filming himself at 189 mph - commerdriver
Surely if he is stupid enough to think that the police do not look at the internet and social media he is too stupid to have a licence or be in charge of a motor vehicle of any kind.
 Biker jailed filming himself at 189 mph - sherlock47
>> Surely if he is stupid enough to think that the police do not look at
>> the internet and social media he is too stupid to have a licence or be
>> in charge of a motor vehicle of any kind.
>>

That probably disqualifies about 90% of the under 30s on the roads and 50% of the people here!
 Biker jailed filming himself at 189 mph - Pat
I'm disqualified, everyone needs to have a bit of fun sometimes.

Pat
 Biker jailed filming himself at 189 mph - Driver
What a plonker!

At that speed, one error and he's potentially dead, with the real potential for taking innocents with him.

Double plonker for videoing himself doing it.

Total numpty.
 Biker jailed filming himself at 189 mph - commerdriver
Don't have any problems with speeding or even taking a picture but putting it on the internet is stupid, even if a policeman doesn't see it himself somebody is sure to send a link, that's the stupid bit we are now in a world where everyone has a camera and most of them are linked to the web.
Would people on here really publish evidence of themselves at a highly illegal speed thinking they would get away with it
Last edited by: commerdriver on Thu 26 Jul 18 at 23:02
 Biker jailed filming himself at 189 mph - No FM2R
To be honest if I had a picture of me at 189mph I wouldn't put it up in here simply because of the judgement and abuse I would expect to get. [Or frankly give if someone else posted them]

So an interesting question would be, what environment did he expect to share those videos and pictures in where he would be admired?

We are all (and I mean *all*) driven by our audiences.
 Biker jailed filming himself at 189 mph - sooty123
So an interesting question would be, what environment did he expect to share those videos
>> and pictures in where he would be admired?

Friends, family and biker groups showing it at home maybe?
>> Friends, family and biker groups showing it at home maybe?
>>

He is not a solitary idiot then.
It is never a good plan to surprise other drivers. I like to think I know what is going on all around me on the road but I would be surprised by an almost 200mph bike overtaking me. I was overtaken by a fast moving bike on a quiet rural road recently, I saw him way back and gave him a flash of my left indicator to let him know I had seen him. I received a cheery wave (I think) as he passed me. :-)
Last edited by: Old Navy on Fri 27 Jul 18 at 07:20
Latest Forum Posts