Motoring Discussion > HADECS cameras. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Old Navy Replies: 3

HADECS cameras. - Old Navy
This evening I saw two different HADECS cameras flash fast moving cars on the M90. This was in a variable speed limit area with no limit on the overhead gantries so NSL applied.
I expect that the reason I have not seen these cameras active is they have been installed over the last few months, long after the new infrastructure had been completed. Although they have standard speed camera stripes they are unobtrusive on the vertical gantry supports. They may have recently been switched on and as I was driving towards them on the opposite carriageway the flashes were very bright in the early dusk. I would be surprised if the victims did not see the flashes in their mirrors, I expect they would be surprised also! :-)
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 19 Jul 18 at 11:57
 HADECS cameras. - Bobby
these arent the ones from Newbridge to Queensferry Crossing are they?
Yes, they are now fitted to the gantry support posts on both sides of the river, the ones I saw operating were the one northbound opposite the Edinburgh off slip near the Dakota hotel and southbound between Halbeath and the A823M off slip road. There are also ones on both sides near Kirkliston.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Fri 20 Jul 18 at 08:40
Latest Forum Posts