Motoring Discussion > Citroen C8 MPV - Exhaust parts quality Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: hawkeye Replies: 9

Citroen C8 MPV - Exhaust parts quality - hawkeye
The back box of my venerable Citroen C8 needs replacing after 6 years of service. I can get a Klarius box off Ebay or an 'Emissions' box at the local Andrew Page for similar money. Emissions I've never heard of. Klarius and Walkers are known to me but I feel out of touch with exhaust manufacturers so I'm asking for input.

The local motor factors DMFX aren't answering their phones and Euro car parts list exhast bandage as the only thing they can supply for my car.

Any brand recommendations I should be looking out for?

TIA
 Citroen C8 MPV - Exhaust parts quality - Zero

>> Any brand recommendations I should be looking out for?

Citroen?
 Citroen C8 MPV - Exhaust parts quality - hawkeye
Good point. I would ask if the parts dept. of Evans Halshaw would ever pick up their phone.

I think I'm jinxed today.
 Citroen C8 MPV - Exhaust parts quality - Bromptonaut
>> Good point. I would ask if the parts dept. of Evans Halshaw would ever pick
>> up their phone.

What about another dealer such as Perrys? Do you have a Citroen focused indy in the area?
 Citroen C8 MPV - Exhaust parts have "Lifetime warranty" - hawkeye
No Citroen -focused indies.

The plot thickens. Euro Car Parts are offering a "lifetime warranty" on the exhaust back box for £5 on top of the £72 price (inc VAT). Anyone else tried claiming on their "lifetime warranty" or are the suppliers gambling that the customer will lose their paperwork when replacement comes due ? I'm not sure the car will outlast another exhaust anyway. I've ordered the bits and will collect them midday tomorrow.

Lifetime warranty, or save the £5 ?

Citroen C8 MPV - Exhaust parts have "Lifetime warranty" - Old Navy
A lifetime warranty for the price of a couple of coffees, no brainer! Just put the receipt in your car file.

You do have a car file, don't you! :-)
 Citroen C8 MPV - Exhaust parts have "Lifetime warranty" - hawkeye
I've 2 car files and a motorbike file.

The £5 lifetime warranty should have been £10 and for trade only. Jack at Euro Car Parts is going to have some training offered to him I suspect. The box was £71 with a clamp. The hangers were way out, cured with some braying with a hammer, loosening other clamps, then strapping the system up with a ratchet strap and tightening all clamps. Lets hope I don't feel the loss of a liftime warranty in a year or two.

Citroen C8 MPV - Exhaust parts have "Lifetime warranty" - Clk Sec
>>Anyone else tried claiming on their "lifetime warranty"

Yes. It worked very well for me, albeit way back in the 80s/90s, as they probably weren't counting on me keeping my Maxi the best part of a decade and a half. I had several new front and rear sections fitted without any quibbling, and when the scheme came to an end, they very kindly refunded the original cost of the exhaust.

Citroen C8 MPV - Exhaust parts have "Lifetime warranty" - Clk Sec
>> "lifetime warranty"

Anyone have a lifetime warranty on their car battery? That really would be useful for folk who keep their cars for ever.

:-)
 Citroen C8 MPV - Exhaust parts have "Lifetime warranty" - CGNorwich
I recently bought a tea strainer which had a ten year guarantee.
Latest Forum Posts