Motoring Discussion > A road sign test. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Old Navy Replies: 14

A road sign test. - Old Navy

www.leasingoptions.co.uk/roadsignsavvy/index.html
 A road sign test. - VxFan
14 out of 16.

Got the gas mask and a red cross on blue background wrong.
 A road sign test. - Bromptonaut
>> Got the red cross on blue background wrong.

|Ooops!!
 A road sign test. - VxFan
>> |Ooops!!

Only because I accidentally pressed the wrong button.
 A road sign test. - CGNorwich
16 for me
 A road sign test. - Robin O'Reliant
 A road sign test. - Rudedog

Not sure if I've ever seen the two I got wrong.
 A road sign test. - Zero
 A road sign test. - No FM2R
What is the point of the non-existent signs? You'll never see them anyway so what does it matter if you have the wildest ideas of what they mean?

I got 8/8
Last edited by: No FM2R on Tue 10 Jul 18 at 19:47
 A road sign test. - Cliff Pope

About half way through I got the suspicion that they might all be fake signs, that perhaps even the apparently genuine ones might have errors in the drawing, and that perhaps the whole test was a spoof.

I thought the crossed-out speed camera might well be genuine - surely I've seen a sign saying speed cameras not in operation?

The exploding car looked implausible to me - too unpredictable and surely an exceedingly rare occurence to be genuine?

The three arrows doing a parallel diversion - isn't that a real sign on stretches of temporary diversion during road works?

Anyway, the point of signs surely is that you are forewarned to take the appropriate action when the occasion arises. Lots of signs merely tell you things that you have no power to do anything about anyway - if rocks fall on you, a plane lands on the road by mistake, a tank crosses, or a car explodes, what are you meant to do, and how does having a sign help you?

Perhaps I've watched "Would I lie to you?" too much.
 A road sign test. - Bromptonaut
>> The exploding car looked implausible to me - too unpredictable and surely an exceedingly rare
>> occurence to be genuine?

Rarely if ever seen that one in UK but it's commonplace in France, particularly where long tunnels are used on city by-passes etc.
 A road sign test. - sooty123
Got 15.
Last edited by: sooty123 on Wed 11 Jul 18 at 08:20
 A road sign test. - MD
 A road sign test. - Zero
I've known Rumanians do better than that.
 A road sign test. - Manatee

>> Anyway, the point of signs surely is that you are forewarned to take the appropriate
>> action when the occasion arises. Lots of signs merely tell you things that you have
>> no power to do anything about anyway - if rocks fall on you, a plane
>> lands on the road by mistake, a tank crosses, or a car explodes, what are
>> you meant to do, and how does having a sign help you?

The falling rocks warning is more about stuff on the road, which you can do something about by driving with extra caution.*

The aircraft one is a warning so that you won't be startled by low flying ones.

The explosives one is a prohibition - if you have explosives in your car, you may not proceed.

So yes, you have been watching too much 'would I lie to you' and you're making up your own stories:)

*this poses a conundrum. Do you drive faster to have a lower chance of being hit by falling ones, or slower so you can avoid the obstacles?
Latest Forum Posts