Motoring Discussion > Honda Jazz/Fit - That's a shame!
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 26

Honda Jazz/Fit - That's a shame! - Roger.
I took our old (2002) Jazz CVT in to my regular servicing/MOT place on Tuesday for a full pre-MOT test.
I am left with no excuse for not keeping it, as I was cheerfully told that had it been an official test it would have passed with a couple of minor advisories.
I was quite looking forward to explaining to my dear lady how it was plain sense to replace a car, worth not a lot, as repairs to pass the MOT were quite a lot!
So later this month comes the REAL MOT and another 12 months of Honda motoring looms.
 Honda Jazz/Fit - That's a shame! - Old Navy
Man up, bin it and buy a 1.5 Sport CVT.

www.honda.co.uk/cars/new/jazz/overview.html

You know it makes sense. I didn't regret it!
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 5 Jul 18 at 13:17
 Honda Jazz/Fit - That's a shame! - Runfer D'Hills
A Honda Jazz "Sport"?

Ok, I need to think about that a minute, is that a Honda Jazz that does 45mph everywhere rather than 40?

;-))
Not only can it manage 45 mph it can do random lane changes, ignore red lights and give ways, and is expert at being in the wrong lane on roundabouts having joined without giving way. :-)

It certainly surprises some people who think the jazz is slow, it is on a par with a Fiesta ST, just a bit bigger.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 5 Jul 18 at 14:16
...and more beige presumably? ;-)
>> ...and more beige presumably? ;-)
>>

Mine is not business grey blue or black. Or beige either. :-)

www.brayleys.co.uk/honda/new-cars/jazz-skyride-blue
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 5 Jul 18 at 14:34
Missed the edit.

youtu.be/oCPl7Er22e4
Yeah, that bloke was clearly late for the bowling club AGM...
;-)
Yes, it is easy to frighten the crap out of luxobarge drivers! :-)
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 5 Jul 18 at 14:37
Indeed, just by being there mainly. That and the random braking, indicating left and then turning right etc...

Do you have the matching cushions on the parcel shelf option?

;-)
>> Indeed, just by being there mainly. That and the random braking, indicating left and then
>> turning right etc...
>>
>> Do you have the matching cushions on the parcel shelf option?
>>
>> ;-)
>>

You forgot the tartan travel blanket.
 Honda Jazz/Fit - That's a shame! - Manatee
>> It certainly surprises some people who think the jazz is slow, it is on a
>> par with a Fiesta ST, just a bit bigger.

Good car maybe, but I think not. The Fiesta ST does 0-60 in less than 7 secs.
So does a Jazz. If you chuck it out of the back of a plane.
OK so this one is 8.7 in the real world it is academic and I wouldn't buy a Fiesta with your money., :-)
 Honda Jazz/Fit - That's a shame! - Zero
8.7? well here is one luxobarge driver you won't be frightening. (tho I suspect those two short may be a concerned)
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 5 Jul 18 at 17:07
It is not the outright speed, it is the surprise that a Jazz can move at a decent pace.
I still won't be surprised, this luxobarge moves at an indecent pace.
In south East traffic? I will be down there next week, on the joys, M3, M25, M23, with Wandsworth and Surrey traffic. Does your barge ever exeed 50 mph? At least I am only down there for a week.
This very afternoon Just driven from Chipping Norton to Junction 11 of the M25 at an average speed of 53 mph.

>>(tho I suspect those two short may be a concerned) ...

Yeah but we polar bear friendly types eventually overtake you anyway while you are having to constantly stop to refuel.
 Honda Jazz/Fit - That's a shame! - Manatee
>> OK so this one is 8.7

For the manual. 10.1 for the CVT.

In fairness that's for 0-100kph.

Not that I would be worried about the acceleration anyway, wouldn't want my hat moving around on the parcel shelf.
You can only get slightly more than gastropod acceleration out of a jazz if your right foot is adorned with a nasty weird ugly cheap shoe from a Chinese emporium.

Last edited by: Zero on Thu 5 Jul 18 at 19:49
 Honda Jazz/Fit - That's a shame! - Robin O'Reliant
>>
>>
>> Good car maybe, but I think not. The Fiesta ST does 0-60 in less than
>> 7 secs.
>>

But only once, twice if you're really lucky ;-)
I think my enthusiasm for the jazz may be because I had a 2016 1.3 model which had an awful engine, it had a very economical Atkinson (gutless) mode below 3,000 revs and a frenetic VTEC mode above that. It was configured to be a hybrid engine but Honda in their wisdom did not fit the motor and batteries to boost it. The 2018 facelift model is a transformation, stiffer bodyshell, revised suspension and steering, better sound insulation, thicker glass, and many under the skin modifications. Add the 1.5 engine with an extra 30 bhp and no Atkinson mode and it is like a different car. I sold my 2016 Jazz as soon as the 1.5 engine was introduced because of the appaling 1.3 engine.

My recommendation is don't buy a pre facelift Jazz or one with a 1.3 engine.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 5 Jul 18 at 21:07
 Honda Jazz/Fit - That's a shame! - Roger.
I saw a brand new Jazz today in white (£500 extra) and I thought what an extraordinarily nice looking car is is.
Crisper lines have really helped and it would (in that colour, too) be my first choice as a new car, if I could afford it
It is basically a good extremely versatile car, it is amazing what you can get in it. The facelift 2018 model is a great improvement in refinement, just make sure you can live with the 1.3 engine. In manual form you have to work at driving it, the 1.5 with a CVT is effortless, 130 bhp will be a lawnmower engine to many here but it can make a supermini shift
Last edited by: Old Navy on Fri 6 Jul 18 at 15:22
 Honda Jazz/Fit - That's a shame! - Bill Payer
We still have a couple of mk2 Jazz in the family so I keep an eye on a Jazz forum and the mk3 doesn't seem to be generally well thought of. The tech is quite iffy too - things like touch screen heater controls are hard to use.

Also Honda dealers tended to be old fashioned independent dealers where people bought car after car and the dealer really looked after them. But Honda has been canning those and moving to bigger dealer groups - the one in our area is terrible, and they're now so spread out there's no realistic alternative dealer. Honda UK's customer service dept has become as unhelpful as ever other manufacturers customer service dept.

If you do want one, there have been some tremendous personal lease deals on them over the last few months.
Latest Forum Posts