Motoring Discussion > MOT reminder app Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 13

MOT reminder app - Bobby
Out of curiosity, asking for a friend type of thing, anyone recommend an app that you can put in all your car reminders like MOT?

my outlook diary is too cluttered with work meetings and rotas that I would probably miss it if it was in there. I mean, my friend would.

MOT reminder app - sooty123
Pop it on your phone?
 MOT reminder app - PeterS
If it’s just the MOT the DVLA offer a text reminder service.
www.gov.uk/mot-reminder

Otherwise the autotrader app lets you add your own cars if you crest an account, with MOT, Insurance, Service and Tax renewal dates which it will then give you alerts on your phone for.
ibb.co/hN4ehy
Last edited by: PeterS on Tue 19 Jun 18 at 22:23
 MOT reminder app - Duncan
Those nice people at the DVLA will send you a message if you sign up.

www.gov.uk/mot-reminder
 MOT reminder app - Bobby
the gov one is good to know but only allows two vehicles per mobile.
Could do with a few more for the work vehicles
 MOT reminder app - smokie
I started using Google Calendar a fwe years back and it is wonderful (with some niggles). Available across all devices, easy to manage ( - you can get different clients for your phone is the stock one doesn't suit - ) and some external booking sites will put an entry in almost automatically with all the details of your booking (e.g. hotels.com).

You can of course use it for other useful stuff like birthdays and anniversaries but I also have reminders in there for recurring actual events like car and house insurance, driving licence expiry but I also use mine to remind me to do household tasks once in a while (like every 6 months clean the oven or clean the magnet thing in our central heating system).

Not really sure why I'm explaining how to use a calendar but there ya go!!
 MOT reminder app - Rudedog
I'm sure the gov reminder can be sent to an email address, I setup all three cars to alert to the one email.
 MOT reminder app - CGNorwich
I use “Kitchen Calendar” Sister in law sends it every year and it’s got pictures of cats on. You just write reminders on it and look at it from time to time. Works for me. :-)
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Wed 20 Jun 18 at 12:54
 MOT reminder app - R.P.
And us
 MOT reminder app - smokie
LOL I know but it's not much good when you're in the dentist and they want to set your next appt and you can't see your kitchen calendar. And it doesn't push reminders to you...
 MOT reminder app - R.P.
I tend to take a photo of the page every now and again.
 MOT reminder app - Shiny
Vehicle Smart is very good. It is free, but I add quite a few cars, so use the paid version.
 MOT reminder app - Roger.
I use Vehicle Smart to check MOT history and mileage of cars that interest me, on Autotrader et al. MOT advisories are often illuminating.
It's good for sheer nosiness, too.
I was wondering how a young neighbour and his wife, both in "ordinary" jobs could afford to get a lateish Range Rover Evoque. The answer came from V.S. The mileage at its last, recent, MOT was around 105,000.

Last edited by: Roger. on Thu 28 Jun 18 at 12:56
 MOT reminder app - nice but dim
Like some others, I use the paid version of Vehicle Smart.

I too admit being nosey too for some vehicles on the road, quick note of the reg and on VS to look it up. Usually to find stellar mile examples. PB to date is an 56 plate Avensis on 457,000 miles sadly now not on the road it appears since April.

Latest Forum Posts