Motoring Discussion > Webuyanycar - a result Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Mapmaker Replies: 6

Webuyanycar - a result - Mapmaker
Colleague selling a minibus (for a school). 13 years old, Renault, 47k miles, FSH, 17 seats, been on autotrader/gumtree/ebay etc. for a couple of months at £3k without anybody even wanting to take it to Nigeria.

Bloke rings him last week and offers him 1500 for it. He nearly accepts. Then tries webuyanycar which give him £3,300.

That means by the time it reaches anybody's forecourt (it has 4 weeks' MOT) it must be £6k. Have they made a mistake?!
 Webuyanycar - a result - VxFan
>> Have they made a mistake?!

Going on the few times I've used WBAC to get a price, yes.
 Webuyanycar - a result - Lygonos
All WBAC vehicles go through their (BCA?) auctions.

They'll know what it is likely to sell for.

They'll also not give a toot about it mechanically but will go over the bodywork with an electron microscope to find chips.

Sold the Kizashi to them - online quote was 8200 iirc - guy noted a number of chips consistent with its 27000miles and 3 years and the computer came back revising the offer at 7700 or so.

Said no, will keep the car and after a phone call agreed on 8000 which was fair in my mind (car discontinued and I paid just over 13k for it new)
 Webuyanycar - a result - R.P.
My BiL sold his Z4 through them - when he turned up they upped the offer on the website.
 Webuyanycar - a result - Boxsterboy
Blimey, that's bad business to up an agreed offer!
 Webuyanycar - a result - Roger.
WBAC have a web offer for my 50,000 miler 02 Jazz CVT, of £1090. That probably means they want to pay about £7/800 for it.
I'm having a pre-MOT next week to see if potential passing costs are sensible in relation to value. There's still a tad over a couple of months left on the current MOT, so i COULD flog it as a road legal car.
The problem is finding an automatic car within my budget and needs - an economical to run, tax and insure MPV is best for ease of ingress and exit. There are very few of that sort of spec about on Autotrader
 Webuyanycar - a result - Robin O'Reliant
>> Blimey, that's bad business to up an agreed offer!
>>

But as they believe they are still going to make a satisfactory profit on the deal it's good business. Happy customers come back (As well as telling people how good Webuyanycar are on internet forums).
Latest Forum Posts