Motoring Discussion > Them and us... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 25

Them and us... - R.P.
Back on the road yesterday for a shift with the NHS (after a break for a holiday)...school was back and the traffic lights sprouting like the daffodils around along my route. There is one town(Technically a city - St Asaph) where rurality meets the urban sprawl - and it dawned on me that traffic flow by commercial vehicles is maintained rather than hindered, trucks slowing to a speed that allows a van to nip through, being let out of junctions in circumstances where in the car I'd be kept waiting. What disturbs the flow (bit like rock in a fast flowing rivers) are the private cars, typically getting in the way, blocking roads with stupid parking, in one instance stopping me from turning right from the Royal Alex in Rhyl, causing me to have to reverse and turn left adding a minute or two to my schedule....great day to be out though. Wish the NHS had shelled out on air-con.
Last edited by: R.P. on Tue 10 Apr 18 at 09:00
 Them and us... - Zero

>> What disturbs the flow (bit like rock in a fast flowing rivers) are the private
>> cars,

OMG, he's joined the dark side. Done your tailgating and elephant racing course yet?
 Them and us... - Zero
like you'll need aricon in Wales.
 Them and us... - tyrednemotional
....demisting.....have you seen how damp it is?
 Them and us... - Zero
>> ....demisting.....have you seen how damp it is?

Isnt that why they have dragons?

...no...that's demything.....
 Them and us... - Zero
Ah - No Idea, dont do Welsh. I dont even understand why you dial 999 for the police AND 999 for the Hedlu, how do they know which one you want?
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 10 Apr 18 at 20:06
 Them and us... - rtj70
>> 999 for the Hedlu

Heddlu.

But you dial 999 for police, fire and ambulance.... so they decide based on the language spoken I guess ;-) Welsh speaking operators.
...how do they distinguish between ambulance and ambiwlans........ Particularly on a bad line. :-)
Last edited by: tyrednemotional on Tue 10 Apr 18 at 20:22
 Them and us... - Robin O'Reliant
>> >> 999 for the Hedlu
>>
>> Heddlu.
>>
>> But you dial 999 for police, fire and ambulance.... so they decide based on the
>> language spoken I guess ;-) Welsh speaking operators.
>>
"Get yer strides on son, We're the Heddlu" just doesn't sound right.
 Them and us... - Cliff Pope

>> >>
>> "Get yer strides on son, We're the Heddlu" just doesn't sound right.
>>

"Ewch ati i fynd ar fab, Rydym ni'n yr Heddlu!" according to Google Translate.
>> so they decide based on the
>> language spoken I guess ;-) Welsh speaking operators.
>>

I've heard a trick for getting a speedier response from BT is to use the Welsh option, but then talk in English. They get so few enquiries they are glad to have something to do.
 Them and us... - Robin O'Reliant
>>
>>
>> I've heard a trick for getting a speedier response from BT is to use the
>> Welsh option, but then talk in English. They get so few enquiries they are glad
>> to have something to do.
>>
I can confirm it works, too. And with all services, not just BT.
Last edited by: Robin O'Reliant on Wed 11 Apr 18 at 10:52
 Them and us... - bathtub tom
>> I've heard a trick for getting a speedier response from BT is to use the
>> Welsh option, but then talk in English. They get so few enquiries they are glad
>> to have something to do.

The reason I left BT was because I was having a problem and couldn't understand what the Asian call centre staff were saying. Tried the Welsh trick and they wouldn't transfer me, nor would they put me through to UK based staff.
 Them and us... - R.P.
HMRC run a Welsh language line. No Menu (Bwydlen) or Music (crap)...! Answered by a bloke in Porthmadog.
 Them and us... - VxFan
>> Wish the NHS had shelled out on air-con.

Only available privately.
 Them and us... - legacylad
I thought it was called climate control these days? I really don’t understand this air con zoning thing, different temps of warm each each side. Doesn’t it mix in the cabin? What’s all that about, the only advantage being different temps of hot air directed to the feet.
 Them and us... - CGNorwich
Doesn’t it mix in the
>> cabin? >>

No it’s specially ionised air. One side is negative and the order positive so the don’t mix but provide harmonious comfort zones. Was developed by Mercedes for the Africa Korps in WW2
 Them and us... - Zero
And I thought it was my driving that made my wifes hair stand on end.
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 10 Apr 18 at 12:00
The seat material is different so the occupants acquire opposite static charges as they get in. This causes the differently ionised air to be attracted to the appropriate person.
 Them and us... - sherlock47

>>No it’s specially ionised air. One side is negative and the order positive so the don’t mix but provide harmonious comfort zones. Was developed by Mercedes for the Africa Korps in WW2<<

No you have got wrong. Opposite ionised particles would attract, resulting in an homogeneous mix. If however they charge both sides with similar ionisation they would gain mutual repulsion - giving the rquired result.
 Them and us... - R.P.
I opened the window in the end. Driver's side.
 Them and us... - Zero
Positive about that?
 Them and us... - Pat
You need one of these tinyurl.com/y74ctqyk

Pat
 Them and us... - rtj70
www.carsguide.com.au/oversteer/does-it-work-dual-zone-climate-control-59909
Pat's rotating fan would work. You could set it to blow different temperatures at different angles of rotation. Up to 4 placements, plus head/feet options.
Latest Forum Posts