Motoring Discussion > Toyota RAV-4 - Part prices @ toyota dealer
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 8

Toyota RAV-4 - Part prices @ toyota dealer - Falkirk Bairn
Neighbour had an issue with the suspension on his now nearly 6 year old RAV. It's his 4th in some 20 years & overall he has bought some 8/9 Toyotas from the same dealer.

It's a bit nippy for lying on the ground so nipped into a Toyota dealer & asked for the price - £284+VAT & the fitting 2 hours. He then went away to think about it - DIY or get it fitted?

He then thought about buying from a local parts company he had used before. Phoned up, gave his reg no & the chap said - it is still £84 + VAT that I told you 2 days ago!!! Then it dawned in the partsman that he was speaking to the customer & not the dealer - he honoured the price & the neighbour fitted it himself.

£550 repair done for £100 & a wee favour to a pal that helped him.

The Toyota dealer was quoting nearly £340 (toyota spare price) & was looking to fit 3rd party kit in its place. Sharp practice IMHO.

Neighbour is due to buy his 5th RAV4 in the coming months - guess where he is not going?
 Toyota RAV-4 - Part prices @ toyota dealer - sooty123
What part was it?
 Toyota RAV-4 - Part prices @ toyota dealer - Old Navy
Six year old car and using a main dealer, ouch!
 Toyota RAV-4 - Part prices @ toyota dealer - VxFan
>> Six year old car and using a main dealer, ouch!

Depends on how you're treated. I previously put my 8 yr old Vectra into the main dealer for MOTs and servicing. It worked out no dearer than using an independent once my 25% Masterfit discount was applied, and ½ price MOTs. I also had the reassurance that any recalls, ECU software updates, etc, were carried out, something that an independent wouldn't necessarily be able to do.
 Toyota RAV-4 - Part prices @ toyota dealer - Crankcase
Same here. The Volvo still goes to the main dealer for servicing. I think it's about £100 more than an Indy, but yes, software updates get done, and I also get a year's breakdown cover (comprehensive thing, also covers Europe), which I reckon would be about that anyway. At least, the last AA renewal at the same level they wanted well over that.
 Toyota RAV-4 - Part prices @ toyota dealer - Dog
Had my 7 year-old CR-V serviced at a Honda dealer recently (as I've posted b4) Total bill was over 500 squid which included two front suspension dust covers.

Probably could have sourced them on-line and crawled about underneath the ole crate but, I'm Wurth $billions so what do I care :)
 Toyota RAV-4 - Part prices @ toyota dealer - movilogo
>> Six year old car and using a main dealer, ouch!

When the transmission of previous Kia (8-yr old that time) played up, I took it to main dealer who suggested replacing ECU + some other electrics costing over £1000. However, as I had full Kia service history, they offered me 60% price reduction as goodwill gesture (it took them over a week to discover the root cause and they had to call an engineer from headquarter).

Toyota RAV-4 - Part prices @ toyota dealer - R.P.
BMW are pretty good as well. Cheaper servicing on older cars and goodwill when the (figurative) wheel comes off and there's a full dealer history.
 Toyota RAV-4 - Part prices @ toyota dealer - Falkirk Bairn
>> What part was it?
>>
front suspension is all I know.
Latest Forum Posts