Motoring Discussion > Peugeot - Peugeot Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 10

Peugeot - Peugeot - MD
Apart from ride height is there any difference between the 2008 and the 208?
 Peugeot - Peugeot - Bobby
Two different cars in that 2008 is an estate but higher up. If I remember rightly there is almost a “step” in height between front and back seats.
Think it also comes with winter tyres as standard as they try to make it out to be a rugged small SUV type.
 Peugeot - Peugeot - MD
SIL has just returned a 2008 on a pcp and has got a 208 in return for the same fee, no deposit or any other CONtribution, just the same monthly outlay. I'm looking for the catch, but am struggling. Too cheap in my mind.
 Peugeot - Peugeot - bathtub tom
Niece walked into a trap like that, she didn't notice the large reduction in annual mileage and had to pay a premium when she handed it back.
 Peugeot - Peugeot - Runfer D'Hills
I know pcp suits a lot of people. It's a great way, or seems so, of getting into a new car on a regular basis on a fixed monthly payment. I can absolutely see the attraction. But, old fashioned as I definitely am, I'm still much more comfortable with buying what I can afford to pay cash for. Maybe it's a function of never really having known how much I'll earn next month. On balance, I've done much more than ok over the years, but there have been (quite a few) times when things have been tighter than a crab's fundament at 50 fathoms, and debt has always been a difficult thing to countenance. I much prefer to buy whatever I want when I've got the money to afford it, and to draw up the bridge when I haven't.

Different folks, different strokes as always.
All depends on whether you have the finance at the time eg graduate gets first job and needs car to commute.
Buy one for a few hundred and run risk of not getting to work or take a loan, still have more money than you have ever had as now working, and have a reliable car?

Since I was about 22 I have been paying a car loan every month till now, apart from my Altea that I kept for a couple of years after it was paid off.
 Peugeot - Peugeot - Runfer D'Hills
Totally get that Bobby. But, if you work in an environment where you might go six months with no income at all, and I mean nothing, then you get a lump sum, it means monthly payments are quite difficult to manage.
 Peugeot - Peugeot - MD
I’m with you Sire. I can’t get my head around the thing at all. There must be something in the small print that has escaped him. I hope not, I really do.
The 2008 is a bigger car than 208 so maybe not surprising that can downsize for same money.
Also with PCP it’s based on the final value of Car. They may have been paying a higher monthly payment and thus the 2008 was actually worth more to dealer to sell on after giving them their guaranteed value.
 Peugeot - Peugeot - zippy
I don't like the mileage limits that you get with PCP deals or lease deals.

My current lease deal has a 25k annual limit over 3 years, which should be generous but leaves me thinking about journeys and I don't want to do that.
 Peugeot - Peugeot - Avant
You only have to worry about mileage limits on PCPs if you plan to hand the car back at the end of the contract - then they charge you x pence per mile that you've done over and above the limit.

If you PX it for a new one, you may get a lower trade-in price due to the higher mileage, but you won't have to pay the excess; nor wll you if you choose to pay the 'balloon paynent' and keep the car.
Latest Forum Posts