Motoring Discussion > Karma? :-) Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Old Navy Replies: 17

Karma? :-) - Old Navy
While driving through 40 mph motorway roadworks yesterday afternoon I was overtaken at about 60 mph by a tatty lowered VW Polo being driven in a low gear with a noisy exhaust. It was weaving across the lanes over and undertaking. Some way ahead I saw it sharply head onto the hard shoulder. When I passed it the car was producing clouds of steam and smoke and was at the head of a trail of engine fluids. The young lady passenger was looking unimpressed. As will the driver who obviously did not understand the concept of average speed cameras and CCTV surveillance on that stretch of road.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Sun 1 Oct 17 at 08:21
 Karma? :-) - sooty123
Rubber necking eh?
It's called observation!

Unlike the lady behind me in stop start traffic earlier who was repeatedly taking her glasses off to inspect her groin or phone and then put them on to move. That was a little concerning. :-)
 Karma? :-) - sooty123
>> It's called observation!
>>
>>

of course, of course. We'll believe you.
 Karma? :-) - Haywain
"Unlike the lady behind me in stop start traffic earlier who was repeatedly taking her glasses off to inspect her groin"

If you were a gentleman, ON, you would have wound down your window and offered to carry out the inspection for her. If she had any concerns about attracting such offers, she would have had 'privacy' glass.
>> If you were a gentleman, ON, you would have wound down your window and offered
>> to carry out the inspection for her.

With Mrs ON sitting next to me I am definitely not brave enough! Especially as she was holding a hardback book which could easily become a lethal weapon. :-)
 Karma? :-) - Duncan

>> If you were a gentleman, ON,

ON is no gentleman.

He has lived with Scotch people for so long that any gentlemanly behaviour has been driven out of him.
Last edited by: Duncan on Mon 2 Oct 17 at 22:30
>> He has lived with Scotch people for so long that any gentlemanly behaviour has been
>> driven out of him.
>>

If you had said "Scottish people" it would be a bit racist. The Scots are no different to any other race, even the English have some wierd rituals and pastimes. Soldiers in buiscit tin regalia marching around London, the Royal family, Morris dancers, sham democracy, the enclave of inside the M25, to name a few. :-)
 Karma? :-) - R.P.

I think that Duncan maybe meant a Whisky producing family ? :-)
>> I think that Duncan maybe meant a Whisky producing family ? :-)
>>

It's drinking it that removes gentalmanly behaviour. :-)
 Karma? :-) - Zero

>> If you had said "Scottish people" it would be a bit racist. The Scots are
>> no different to any other race, even the English have some wierd rituals and pastimes.
>> Soldiers in buiscit tin regalia marching around London, the Royal family, Morris dancers, sham democracy,
>> the enclave of inside the M25, to name a few. :-)

The jealousy and bitterness of those forced to live in Scotland.
>> The jealousy and bitterness of those forced to live in Scotland.
>>

You are talking from where the sun does not shine, there are those who know, and those who think they know.
 Karma? :-) - Zero
>> >> The jealousy and bitterness of those forced to live in Scotland.
>> >>
>>
>> You are talking from where the sun does not shine, there are those who know,
>> and those who think they know.

London and South East England
Forecast Summary
Today
A bright but chilly start is expected, with plenty of morning sunshine. it should remain dry with further sunny spells.

SW Scotland, Lothian Borders
Forecast Summary
Today
Rather cloudy over Dumfries and Galloway where a few scattered showers appear.

There its official. You are a scattered shower.
>> There its official. You are a scattered shower.
>>

You believe the weather forecast, says it all. :-)
 Karma? :-) - Bobby
There seems to be a bit of a cult following of VW Lupos who lower the cars around their wheels and then put maximum camber on them.
Look awful.
Bet the ride matches the look!
 Karma? :-) - Lygonos
aka the "Euro barry"

www.fastcar.co.uk/tag/euro-style-cars/

Epic Sheds of Utter Sheet.

Last edited by: Lygonos on Sun 1 Oct 17 at 22:22
 Karma? :-) - CGNorwich
Kids modifying cars is no bad thing really

At least it keeps them off the streets. :-)

Karma? :-) - devonite
Looks like a good pot-hole or speed bump would modify them better!
Latest Forum Posts