Motoring Discussion > Multi-fanchise sites Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 3

Multi-fanchise sites - Falkirk Bairn
Multi franchise sites are common - @ Newbridge in Edinburgh there is a collection of main dealer sites BMW, Nissan, Toyota, Lexus etc etc all owned by the same chain + another few belonging to other dealers.

However, at the other end of the scale there is a dealership locally that has done Suburau & Isuzu for a good number of years - added Chrysler/Jeep, dropped the Chrysler, took on Suzuki & in the last few weeks added Fiat Professional - no 500s, Puntos BUT Iveco vans, car vans, Fiat Fullback (Mitsubishi pick-up with a Fiat badge).

However, the difference is that the local site seems to have the same cramped workshops from years back - there maybe more staff but we are still talking small numbers.
The benefit of a franchise dealer is expertise, sales. service, tech support - how is this possible spreading this over multiple models from multiple franchises? - with the Fiat franchise the Full Back has nothing Fiat but 99.9% Mitsubishi.

Would you buy a car from a company whose resources are limited & spread thinly over multiple franchises?

Multi-fanchise sites - sooty123
It wouldn't bother me, other garages are available.
 Multi-fanchise sites - Tigger
The sole franchise I bought my new car from (last year) did a terrible job of PDI and fitting a towbar. Promises broken. Car delivered late (it was in stock, so no excuses). Pieces of trim left loose (including the bumper). Items not put back into the car (part of the towbar, the load cover). The car didn't even have any screenwash when I picked it up. Not impressive on a £34k purchase!

In contrast, the small multi-franchise locally did a fantastic job of servicing. They updated the maps for free. They made me feel like a valued customer.

I know where I'll be going for my servicing. And in due course, for my next car.
 Multi-fanchise sites - Bobby
Was at the Cardealwarehouse place at Newbridge on Saturday and chatting to the sales guy. I was actually quite impressed with their business model!

I will buy a car from anyone if the price is right - I would then find a service place that I was happy with. Occasionally, like my current Civic, that may be the same place.

I would happily buy from Arnold Clark but would never take my car near them afterwards!
Latest Forum Posts