Motoring Discussion > Jaguar - E-pace - new model from Jaguar
Thread Author: movilogo Replies: 11

Jaguar - E-pace - new model from Jaguar - movilogo
www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/article-4694080/Jaguar-reveals-new-E-Pace-family-SUV-daring-stunt.html

The launch event has set a new world record by barrel roll jump with a production car.

Bit peeved to see all photos belong to a LHD rather than RHD car. Does tell a lot about target market.

Jaguar - E-pace - new model from Jaguar - henry k
>>Bit peeved to see all photos belong to a LHD rather than RHD car.
>> Does tell a lot about target market.

My 10 year old X Type appears to be made as a LHD car and factory converted to a RHD car.
e.g. My front seat passenger enjoys the benefit of a built in rest for their clutch foot.
Brake servo is on the passenger side etc.
 Jaguar - E-pace - new model from Jaguar - Falkirk Bairn
The Jaguar X-type platform was first used in the 1993 Ford Mondeo,[4] Ford Contour, Mercury Mystique, and Mercury Cougar.

Hence the term Jaguarn't often applied to the X-type.
 Jaguar - E-pace - new model from Jaguar - henry k
>>Hence the term Jaguarn't often applied to the X-type.

Old chestnut time ?
 Jaguar - E-pace - new model from Jaguar - Hard Cheese
>> The Jaguar X-type platform was first used in the 1993 Ford Mondeo,[4] Ford Contour, Mercury
>> Mystique, and Mercury Cougar.
>>

As I recall the X-Type chassis was based on the 2000-07 Mondeo III however despite initially being a saloon only the X-Type rear suspension was taken from the Mondeo estate to accommodate the AWD system and therefore it was not as sharp to drive as the Mondeo hatch and saloon which had fairly sophisticated mutli-link rear suspension.

I thought it was a nice looking car as a saloon or estate.
 Jaguar - E-pace - new model from Jaguar - Hard Cheese
BTW, it's a nice looking car the ePace.

Though the name sounds like it should be electric.

Shame that there is no 6cyl or V8 version.
 Jaguar - E-pace - new model from Jaguar - zippy
I really like the look of the SUV Jaguars, but are they new cars or just re-skinned Land Rovers / Range Rovers?

(I guess some design cross over must exist after all how many 4 wheel drive systems do you want to design, but how much has crossed over?)
 Jaguar - E-pace - new model from Jaguar - Old Navy
I doubt if JLR are any different to VAG or any multi brand company that badge and skin engineer their various brands.
 Jaguar - E-pace - new model from Jaguar - Manatee
Let's hope they are more reliable.
 Jaguar - E-pace - new model from Jaguar - rtj70
>> I really like the look of the SUV Jaguars

Currently only one on sale, the F-Pace. It uses the JLR iQ-Al modular platform also used in the 2nd generation XF, the XE, next XJ and the forthcoming Range Rover Velar.

The E-Pace will be based on the JLR D8 platform, also used by Evoque and LR Discovery Sport.
 Jaguar - E-pace - new model from Jaguar - Falkirk Bairn
>>>The E-Pace will be based on the JLR D8 platform,

Epace - To be built by Steyr Puch in Austria - they built the first BMW X3 & that was not the best!
 Jaguar - E-pace - new model from Jaguar - rtj70
Magna Steyr also make some of the current BMW 5 series and the MB G-Class.
Latest Forum Posts