Motoring Discussion > Lamborghini Gallardo - Buying unseen - nae the smartest
Thread Author: Lygonos Replies: 12

Lamborghini Gallardo - Buying unseen - nae the smartest - Lygonos

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWRoqfFJgm8

Comments aren't the most sympathetic!

Lamborghini Gallardo - Buying unseen - nae the smartest - Manatee
He was certainly stunned.
 Lamborghini Gallardo - Buying unseen - nae the smartest - nice but dim
I find it funny (and a little bit sad) how the the kid thinks its the best car ever - while dad is cursing it.
 Lamborghini Gallardo - Buying unseen - nae the smartest - No FM2R
Some years ago I bought a soft-top Jag XJS unseen - can't remember how much now, £30k odd I think. As it happens a very rewarding experience.

I quite understand someone doing it, especially if one has been sent pictures. Thought it does rather seem that this guy didn't take some basic precautions. I wonder *IF* he was actually dealing with the dealer he thought he was.

Perhaps he was looking at one car from the dealer, and unknowingly actually bought another car from someone else.

Select Motors, of Tampa, is a big, well known and successful dealership. And the car he got, was certainly not the car he was looking at online.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Fri 14 Jul 17 at 16:52
 Lamborghini Gallardo - Buying unseen - nae the smartest - Zero
I think its fake news. A set up
I wondered that, but finding a messed up Gallardo and sticking it in a truck seems like hard work for such a thing.
 Lamborghini Gallardo - Buying unseen - nae the smartest - Lygonos
It's definitely the same car - the dealer photos show the seat with dodgy thread, missing bit from door handle, and there's pics on another youtube video where you can see the gold calipers have been given a spray job with a bright green rattle-can.

Absolute fail of due diligence.

And 'outing' Select Motors when they have done nothing wrong would surely risk a maelstrom of legal doom from their attorneys.
 Lamborghini Gallardo - Buying unseen - nae the smartest - rtj70
If it's the same car then and some of the faults were visible on photos then he as nobody but himself to blame. And if there was visible damage then he should have at least asked for more photos. For that sort of money a video even could have been produced and shared.
 Lamborghini Gallardo - Buying unseen - nae the smartest - sooty123
>> I think its fake news. A set up
>>

I thought the same, something not quite right about it all.
 Lamborghini Gallardo - Buying unseen - nae the smartest - Bobby
>>Some years ago I bought a soft-top Jag XJS unseen

Have I had one glass of wine too many tonight or did there used to be someone on one of the forums with a love of XJS's?? Seem to remember reading a long history of their buying experience?
 Lamborghini Gallardo - Buying unseen - nae the smartest - rtj70
There was someone on the HJ forums called guygamps who wanted an XJ-S and got one. Think he then sold it in 2011. Although (and I might be wrong) slightlyfatdirector might have wanted or had one too.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Fri 14 Jul 17 at 23:24
>>Have I had one glass of wine too many

1) No such thing

2) I think you're right.

In my case it was a Birthday present for my Father whilst I was living in Rio - so up to about 2003 and I got advice from someone very helpful on HJ, a regular, though damned if I can remember who.
 Lamborghini Gallardo - Buying unseen - nae the smartest - Slightlyfatdirector
Twas not me that long ago, but yes, I had a 'lovely to look at' and immaculate XJ-S convertible, but it just cost a fortune to keep going, with regular 'issues'.

It was never ending...

My last drive with it 'for old times sake' resulted in it turning from a V12 to a V10 two days before it's new owner was coming to collect it. Cost over £1,000 just to fix that....

I did add up how much it cost me overall, but since then I have had far too many glasses too many - just to drown the pain... :)

I hope that it was better behaved for the chap that bought it from me (and who had seen every receipt for everything I have done to it)..
Latest Forum Posts