Motoring Discussion > Audi - New Q2 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Auntie Lockbrakes Replies: 9

Audi - New Q2 - Auntie Lockbrakes
Saw the new Q2 in the metal on a forecourt yesterday. Want to like it, but in the end all I can think of to describe it is a Ssangyong Tivoli clone! Especially in profile.

Here in New Zealand, the importer reckons it will steal sales of the A3, so they are reducing their A3 range on sale. And pricing the Q2 around 10% more than the A3. They're very clever. Or us consumers are dumb.... Unsure!

I'm starting to think that the smart money should go to the Honda HRV - around HALF the price of a Q2!
 Audi - New Q2 - Manatee
I see what you mean. It's trying to be an Evoque too, and those look ill-proportioned to me anyway, but the styling on the Q2 is really off. The front looks gormless. The C pillar not much better, and even with those sorted out it would still be an ugly hatchback on stilts.

Guaranteed winner I'd say.
 Audi - New Q2 - Avant
We were looking at an A3 for SWMBO in December: we eventually went for an A1 but also checked out the Q2, which didn't impress us.

There's no more room for people and luggage than in the A3, and rear visibilty is considerably worse. And the driving position is very little higher than the A3.

The A3 is a very good car - not much more expensive than a Golf and it's likely to hold its value better. If you want a Sitty Uppy Vehicle from the Audi range, as Runfer (Humph) calls them, go for the Q3.

The Honda HRV is certainly a possibility, although personally I hate the looks and the potentil blind spots, and Honda's choice of engines is rather restrictive.
 Audi - New Q2 - Falkirk Bairn
>>Honda's choice of engines is rather restrictive.

Original flush of HRVs had issues in quality - Mexican origin.
UK HRVs, (like CRVs (Swindon is Civic only), like Jazz) are now coming from Japan
so quality of manufacture should be a lot better.

New Civic has new 1.0 & 1.5 petrol turbos which are said to be nice & it might make its way to the HRV rather than the disappointing 1.5 fitted presently.
 Audi - New Q2 - Runfer D'Hills
It's almost certainly aimed by the VAG marketing department at bright young things with a "lifestyle".

In reality, like most examples of this category of car, it will in fact be bought by, or for, slightly plump, middle aged housewives.

Just look who is driving any passing Juke, Cactus or pumped up Mini for evidence.

;-)
 Audi - New Q2 - mikeyb
>> In reality, like most examples of this category of car, it will in fact be
>> bought by, or for, slightly plump, middle aged housewives.
>>
>> Just look who is driving any passing Juke, Cactus or pumped up Mini for evidence.
>>
>> ;-)
>>

Notice you were careful not to mention Qashqai........
 Audi - New Q2 - Runfer D'Hills
Those too ! ;-)
 Audi - New Q2 - Bill Payer
>> I'm starting to think that the smart money should go to the Honda HRV -
>> around HALF the price of a Q2!
>>

Wow! In the UK, HR-V seems stupidly expensive. How much are they in NZ?
 Audi - New Q2 - zippy
HRV starts from NZ$ 29,900 and there is only one Q2 quoted on the Audi NZ site at NZ$ 54,500.

In GBP that's £17,087 and £31,143!

Audi - New Q2 - Auntie Lockbrakes
Yep that's about right Zippy. Although I doubt you'll get a Q2 for much less than NZD$60k in reality, limited stock, options already installed,.. etc.

We still pay about NZ$1000 on top for on-the-road charges here too...

Honda* are on my shortlist for 2020, or whenever I have enough funds following the new house build SWMBO is about to undertake...

*Might have to settle for a 50cc moped next time round!
Latest Forum Posts