Motoring Discussion > Honda - New NSX sitting in showroom!
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 16

Honda - New NSX sitting in showroom! - Falkirk Bairn
There was a recall on the airbags in my CRV.

Walked into the showroom - "old model Civic", CRV, New Jazz & a brand new Honda NSX!!

It turns out that the car is not for sale. It was ordered 4 years ago by one of the directors of the garage chain for his personal use & it was delivered last week, 30 miles on the clock. The branch next dooor sells Bentleys & McLarens.

It was listed @ £167K as it has some extras, it was taken out for a spin by the director & then returned to the showroom.

I would like to buy a replacement for my CRV but this was a bit impractical, ££s wise & access wise - a touch low.

An hour later the CRV had had the replacement airbag, a "free visual check" on the car, a wash & hoover.

Never thought I'd see an NSX in Hamilton. They have sold out of the allocation with 2nd hand ones on sale in Autotrader @ roughly £200K+.
 Honda - New NSX sitting in showroom! - MD
NSX?
 Honda - New NSX sitting in showroom! - rtj70
One of these:

www.vertuhonda.com/custom/24503.jpg
 Honda - New NSX sitting in showroom! - Old Navy
It might just out accelerate my Jazz. :-)
 Honda - New NSX sitting in showroom! - Bobby
FB my neck of the woods!!
That will be Douglas Park or one of his sons I guess? That your nearest Honda dealership?
Once nearly bought a CRV from there until it broke down on my test drive. Someone had taken the EGR valve out it to put in another customers car and not told anyone!

I was down at the Honda dealer in a Peebles where I bought my Civic from to get a Bluetooth software update. Test drive the new Civic. Confirmed my desire that my next car will be a CVT automatic!
 Honda - New NSX sitting in showroom! - legacylad
Years and years and years ago I had the opportunity to buy a third hand original NSX. I baulked at the price and bought a third hand UrQuattro instead.
I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I think that both NSXs look lovely
>>That your nearest Honda dealership?

Nearest is Stirling BUT I was badly treated in around 2004.
I would not give them the time of day far less money!
Isn't it amazing how experience affects personal decisions.
I would never go near Parks with the proverbial barge pole!
>>Isn't it amazing how experience affects personal decisions

November 1971 I paid £220 to fly direct from Middle East to London to catch a plane to Edinburgh. BOAC staff went on strike so instead of 11 hours door-to-door I was 2 days & flew 6 hops, no hotels, to London then ended in Glasgow!!

Most of my working life I flew around, say 2 flights per month - avoided BA at all costs - maybe used them 10 times in 35 years!!!
Ha ha!
My dad still won't ever buy a Ford because they struggle to start in damp weather!
His last was a Mk 4 Cortina!
 Honda - New NSX sitting in showroom! - henry k
>> My dad still won't ever buy a Ford because they struggle to start in damp weather!
>> His last was a Mk 4 Cortina!
>>
I have heard this before re Fords .
I have always bought Fords with an exception of two years with a poor T2000.
1600E, MK4, MK4, Sierra and Mondeo II
Now have an X type after searching for a year for a Mondeo old shape saloon.
All my old Fords NEVER had a problem re starting. I did have a coil pack fail on my last Mondeo.
I always ensured the plug leads were dry and clean and never used any magic sprays or stuff like WD40. My 1st car a 1600E had a great system, a 9 volt coil.

I might suggest it was not the cars fault :-)
 Honda - New NSX sitting in showroom! - commerdriver
I don't think you have gone back far enough Henry, the reputation of Fords having starting problems pre dated the mark1 Cortina never mind the mark2 like your 1600E, my Dad was told about it when he bought an Anglia in 1964.
I don't think any car has really been difficult to start since the introduction and common use of electronic ignition and fuel injection which covers at least the last 20 years, apart from breakdown situations of course.
 Honda - New NSX sitting in showroom! - devonite
Next door has a diesel focus (06) given a cold frosty or wet morn, and he sits there at 06.45am winding it over and over! - maybe he isn't using the glow plugs!
 Honda - New NSX sitting in showroom! - Bill Payer
>> It was ordered 4 years ago by one of the directors of the garage chain for his personal use....

I wonder if he regrets that now? Honda dealers seem to be closing down all over the place.
>>I wonder if he regrets that now?

Bought for £167K less dealer demo discount
Selling North of £200K - no regrets I am sure.

Has 23 Main Dealer Franchises so probably not short of a bob or two!
 Honda - New NSX sitting in showroom! - Mapmaker
What an ugly machine. Impractical too. Don't understand why anybody would want a car like that.
 Honda - New NSX sitting in showroom! - sooty123
I think it looks great, a nice modern update on the original.
Latest Forum Posts