Motoring Discussion > Paris and other French Cities pollution controls Green Issues
Thread Author: sherlock47 Replies: 4

Paris and other French Cities pollution controls - sherlock47
www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/16/british-motorists-face-pollution-fines-paris-car-windscreen/

It appears that Lyon and Grenoble are (have?) implemented the same requirement. Not sure that the French Hire car I had 2 weeks ago had the stickers!

Anybody visited yet this year. AA & RAC at Dover say they have not been allowed to sell the stickers.

But you can buy them here www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/demande-ext/cgu/

But how long to arrive?

Paris and other French Cities pollution controls - Shiny
960 cars torched by islamacists on new years eve in Paris and fires, burning tyres, cars every night since. This may have something to do with pollution levels.
www.google.co.uk/search?q=paris+fires&newwindow=1&client=safari&rls=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&tbm=isch&q=paris+immigrant+burning&*
Last edited by: Shiny on Mon 27 Feb 17 at 22:01
 Paris and other French Cities pollution controls - smokie
Shiny, it's interesting that the very first image in your link is actually from an article headlined "Old video of burning cars in Paris used to foment anti-Muslim sentiment", and another says "Anti-Semitism in France: How Fast Is the Tide Rising?" Fake news I'd say...

I'd read elsewhere about the controls in Paris (I also thought I'd seen it here) - applies from 1 March for foreign cars I believe. There's a bit of scaremongering that this may extend very quickly to other towns. I visited Germany 16 months ago or thereabouts and I had to visit one of their MOT stations to get a sticker to be able to drive my car into town centres. No big deal really.

Paris and other French Cities pollution controls - Shiny
My link is just google image search to show what burning cars look like, hardly fake news.
 Paris and other French Cities pollution controls - smokie
Oh, right, silly me, I'd assumed it was evidence of your assertion immediately above it.
Last edited by: smokie on Tue 28 Feb 17 at 10:24
Latest Forum Posts