Motoring Discussion > Ok so now what do I do ? Legal Questions
Thread Author: wotspur Replies: 10

Ok so now what do I do ? - wotspur
Last Saturday week, I stopped in my Seat Alhambra, to avoid a bump on the M1 junc 10 , and a Honda Civic smashed into to me.......his was a total write off, my was driveable , but today I was informed by the insurance company they've deemed it not financially viable to repair
It took me 4 months to find it, an 06 with 60,000 miles for 4K.......they've offered me just over 4,300, but I've looked on numerous sites for a Sharan/galaxy/albahamra type vehicle with similar mileage and age and best I can find is 5,200.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thankfully all 4 of us walked away, and whilstmy back is severely hurt, being stationary and hit at around 50pmh it could have been so much worse !
Do I use my insurance to seek composed for injuries or use a No win no fee outfit, again any recommendations greatly received
 Ok so now what do I do ? - mikeyb
Just go back to your insurers and tell them its not enough - give example adverts. I'm sure you will be able to gain a bit more from them
 Ok so now what do I do ? - smokie
Wot he said - I did the same when they offered too little once and they came right back with a much more acceptable offer.

Re personal injury, my daughter just gave up on a fairly minor claim as it was becoming more effort and more intrusive than she could be bothered with. She was in some pain for a few days but not a lot, if the truth be know. She had some time off to see the doc but no loss of earnings. I would have said the "right" way to do it would be through your insurance, but not sure what my reasoning is there.
 Ok so now what do I do ? - No FM2R
Car Valuation;

Detail why you think your car is worth more than the offer; mileage, condition, special equipment etc. etc. Then enclose adverts from *Trade* establishments offering equitable cars. The more objective, realistic and yet resolute you can be then the more likely they are to listen.

Emotion and weeping have no place.

Injury;

I don't understand your last sentence.

However; 10 days ago is already a long time. If you haven't been to a doctor, then go immediately., You will need evidence. I don't like no win / no fee, and often they don't try very hard. (Certainly not as hard as you think they will) However, financing it yourself can be an issue. Most lawyers will give you a free 15 minute consultation. Ring a few close to where you live and see where you get to.

It kind of depends how *much* you want compensation, how much it would be a nice to have, and how much you just fancy trying on the off-chance.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Tue 21 Feb 17 at 23:14
 Ok so now what do I do ? - Mapmaker
>> I don't like no win / no fee, and often they don't try very hard. (Certainly not as hard as you think they will)

No win no fee tends to rely on admin clerks writing nasty letters and hoping for the best. They hope the company will settle as it will be cheaper for the company to do so than going to court; likewise, of course the no win no fee outfit doesn't want to go to court either.

So they have a chance of a good cut of your winnings in exchange for half an hour of an admin clerk's time.
 Ok so now what do I do ? - Manatee
If you have claimed via your insurers for a no fault accident there's a good chance you are now dealing with their appointed "claims management company" anyway. If so I'd be surprised if they haven't already asked you how your whiplash is.
 Ok so now what do I do ? - wotspur
So can't find any Galaxy/sharan/Alhambra of similar age/mileage etc
But have found a Ssayong Rodius , does anyone have any knowledge good or bad about this make of car ?
 Ok so now what do I do ? - RichardW
It is quite the ugliest, most ungainly looking, car ever made?
 Ok so now what do I do ? - Manatee
A lot of people agreed with that regarding the first generation. Apparently based on a 1990s E Class Mercedes platform and using MB-derived engines. Second gen from 2013, renamed the Turismo, is less remarkable and uses different engines.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SsangYong_Rodius

Ok so now what do I do ? - mikeyb
Had a Turismo on hire. Its big and roomy.........cant really add any other positives.

Nasty interior, poor gearchange, not a nice place to be. Really, if you are used to an Alhambra dont.

Kia Sedona, Hyundai Trajet ?
 Ok so now what do I do ? - No FM2R
Insofar as your claim is concerned, you can find any car you like, but if it isn't the same as what you've got then it won't help you negotiate the settlement figure.
Latest Forum Posts