Motoring Discussion > Talk to each other? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Old Navy Replies: 8

Talk to each other? - Old Navy
No chance, I have received an airbag recall notification from DVSA telling me that I will be contacted by Toyota. I have also had an acknowledgement from DVLA for about six months confirming that I am no longer the owner of the car.
I have just read in this week's Auto Express that Vauxhall have been talking to the Transport Select Committee about a car fire database. Currently held by insurers, it would help the manufacturers spot trends. It has also proposes that outstanding recalls would be an automatic MOT fail. Apparently 234,938 Zafiras have yet to visit a garage to have the second fire recall work carried out.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 16 Feb 17 at 11:47
 Talk to each other? - sooty123
I guess a lot of people don't tell the manufacturers that they know own the car and so they can't be found when it comes to recall work. An interesting idea putting it down as a fail. Only problem might be the work can often have a long lead time. So if you're a new owner of a second hand car then it could be off the road for a long time.
 Talk to each other? - Bill Payer
>> No chance, I have received an airbag recall notification from DVSA telling me that I
>> will be contacted by Toyota. I have also had an acknowledgement from DVLA for about
>> six months confirming that I am no longer the owner of the car.
>>
Be interesting to ask the DVSA which database they use.
 Talk to each other? - Bill Payer
>> Be interesting to ask the DVSA which database they use.
>>
Can't edit my post, but a bit of Googling suggests the letter comes from the manufacturer / distributor rather than directly from the DVSA.
That is correct, I miss read the letter, which has a DVSA logo as a header.
 Talk to each other? - sooty123
The recall notice for the airbag issue on the auris came straight from Toyota. No letters from the dvsa.
Last edited by: sooty123 on Thu 16 Feb 17 at 12:43
 Talk to each other? - Auristocrat
Letters re DVSA recalls come form the manufacturer, but often have the DVSA logo in addition to the manufacturer's. The database used is the DVLA database and this is supplied to the manufacturer by DVSA. The information on owners details is provided once and probably when the recall is announced, so could be months old.
 Talk to each other? - mikeyb
My recent recall came direct from Lexus, but I think they try to make it look more official by using DVSA's details.

I guess they want you to see it and not dismiss it as dealer / sales info
Latest Forum Posts