Motoring Discussion > FIAT Panda - The difference between a private and a trade sale Buying / Selling
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 7

FIAT Panda - The difference between a private and a trade sale - VxFan
Same car on seen Gumtree, but one advert is the private sale, and the other a trade sale.

Private sale:- www.gumtree.com/p/fiat/fiat-panda-100hp/1211753817

Trade sale:- www.gumtree.com/p/fiat/fiat-panda-1.4-16v-100hp-07-07/1213252337

£1145 difference. That's one hell of an expensive wash and polish.
 FIAT Panda - The difference between a private and a trade sale - NortonES2
The difference is that HMRC and TS might be interested in the miraculous transaction being at one and the same time, private and trade. Nearly as good as transubstantiation.
 FIAT Panda - The difference between a private and a trade sale - VxFan
>> The difference is that HMRC and TS might be interested in the miraculous transaction being at one and the same time, private and trade. Nearly as good as transubstantiation.

How did you work that out?

The adverts are 18 days apart. Enough time for the car to have been traded in / bought from the private seller by the trader, and then sold on by the trader.

Private sellers ad - Posted 20 days ago

Trader sellers ad - Posted 2 days ago
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 10 Feb 17 at 12:47
 FIAT Panda - The difference between a private and a trade sale - NortonES2
Aaah! Now I see. Implication withdrawn.
Last edited by: NortonES2 on Fri 10 Feb 17 at 13:02
 FIAT Panda - The difference between a private and a trade sale - devonite
Here's an odd one, on their TV ad WBAC state you may get more by selling private. I bought mine private, but when I entered my reg No, they wanted to give me £475 more! ;-)
 FIAT Panda - The difference between a private and a trade sale - smokie
I used WBAC before they were very well known to shift late f-i-l car. When I took it in they offered me less than the original offer, because of undeclared damage - he'd had a couple of minor knocks repaired which to me had been invisible but their salesman pointed out to me - couldn't argue with it - but at the end of the day I got less than I expected.
 FIAT Panda - The difference between a private and a trade sale - madf
MOT history spells neglect.
 FIAT Panda - The difference between a private and a trade sale - Mapmaker
Not worth doing the deal from less than a 1k profit, I wouldn't have thought. By the time you've paid VAT, tax and taken on some risk.
Latest Forum Posts