Motoring Discussion > I've seen a 10-reg Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Iffy Replies: 30

I've seen a 10-reg - Iffy
Seen three today.

A white Volvo C30 outside a school in Durham City, a white Fiat 500 on the road between Durham and Sunderland, and a blue metallic Audi A5 which barrelled past me on the A1(M) at Gateshead.

The Audi is not my sort of car usually - bit too 'big businessman' for me - but this one looked the part.

Last edited by: ifithelps on Tue 2 Mar 10 at 18:00
 I've seen a 10-reg - R.P.
Saw an Audi TT yesterday and a Nisan Quashcai today in a very strange but rather alluring white.
 I've seen a 10-reg - RattleandSmoke
I've seen one. A merc 4x4 thing (M class?) sadly it belongs to a competitors. Nice.

He drives a £50k Merc, I drive a £250 Fiesta.

I just need to wait till September now and I shall out do him!
 I've seen a 10-reg - WellKnownSid
>> He drives a £50k Merc I drive a £250 Fiesta.

Ah, but you own your Fiesta, a lease or finance company probably owns his Merc!
 I've seen a 10-reg - Zero
>> >> He drives a £50k Merc I drive a £250 Fiesta.
>>
>> Ah but you own your Fiesta a lease or finance company probably owns his Merc!

So whats he doing that you are not?
 I've seen a 10-reg - WellKnownSid
>> Nisan Quashcai today in a very strange but rather alluring white.

Our neighbour's son-in-law bought a white one late last year. It really looks a lot better than it sounds...!
 I've seen a 10-reg - BobbyG
Saw a 10 Reg outside Asda last night.
It was one of the new Megance souped up coupe things.
Looked the dog's danglies!
 I've seen a 10-reg - Dave_
There was a black MX5 (folding hardtop version) on a 10 plate outside school this afternoon. Turns out it belongs to one of the teachers, she traded her 03 MGTF in for it. Seems to sit rather high on its suspension when viewed from the side.

I was also passed by a 10 plate Fester just before I walked through the school gates. Hardly surprising though, seeing as there's a main Ford dealer half a mile up the road that seems to supply its sales staff with whatever's "hot" as soon as humanly possible. Certainly there were Focus STs, then new shape Fiestas and Kas, and then Focus RSs pootling about the town pretty much on their respective launch dates over the last few years.
 I've seen a 10-reg - Alanovich
Saw a 10 reg Touran (met red) and an Ibiza (silver) on 1st March - none yesterday, then (spookily) a metallic blue Audi A5, same as another poster above, this morning. Mine was in Reading though, so probably not the same one.

All VAGs so far, no sign of the multitudes of i10s and the like here.
 I've seen a 10-reg - oilburner
I saw my first 10 reg last night.

It was a Merc E250 CDI.

It wasn't moving, so I guess it's 50/50 whether or not it's succumbed to injector failure yet! ;)
 I've seen a 10-reg - smokie
I've long grown out of number plate spotting ( :-) ) but noticed one today doing about a ton on the east bound M4 around Newbury. A Renault something, in red.
 I've seen a 10-reg - Bromptonaut
Thought I saw one on Sunday. On a bus painted roughly the colour of Windolene heading north on the M1 by Leicester; empty & possibly on delivery. By the time I'd clocked the plate I was almost past.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Wed 3 Mar 10 at 17:04
 I've seen a 10-reg - PhilW
I've driven one! Disco 4 (OK, OK, not mine - just delivering!). Mind you there should be a few about; another LR dealer yesterday told me they had handed over 20 Discos and Range Rovers on 1st March as had the dealer I collected from. Only 10 reg I've seen on the road was a red Alfa Mito this aft on M 69 - looked good but I don't know anything about Mitos - could it be the long awaited replacement for the Alfasud?
 I've seen a 10-reg - Dave_
It's built on the same platform as the Corsa and Grande Punto, isn't it? I can't seem to find any online breakdowns on a car-by-car basis to confirm this though. ;-)
 I've seen a 10-reg - Iffy
My first sighting of the new Vauxhall Astra today.

A white one on a 10-reg.

I'm no styling expert, but it looked a bit like a Kia C'eed to me, particularly from the rear.

Nice looking car, though, I'd be quite happy to drive around in one.

I've seen a 10-reg - Alanovich
These new Astras look more like Leons to me. Total rip off in my eyes.

Probably a nice car though if the Insignia's anything to go by. Being British built I'd consider one if I were in the market for a new hatch.
One thing I've noticed when following a new Astra today, was that the boot entry seems to get smaller and smaller on each new generation of Astra.

The Astra G had a really decent sized opening, the Astra H wasn't great, with the corners rounded off, but the Astra I looks rubbish, with the lower part of the boot (below the window) little more than a hint of a boot entry!

What next for the Astra J? Just a letterbox on the top?

I'll try and find some pictures to illustrate what I mean...
 I've seen a 10-reg - bathtub tom
>>the boot entry seems to get smaller and smaller on each new generation of Astra.

You should've tried the boot on the old 'wedgie' Princess, it was enormous, but the entry was small. I'm over six foot and my kids used to think it was a hoot to be sent crawling inside to reach something in the depths that dad couldn't reach.
Ah, good old BL eh? They really knew how to design something badly! ;)

Here's the Astra G:

tinyurl.com/ychesot

Astra H (scroll down one to see 5 door image, first one is the low roof 3 door):

tinyurl.com/yeczbpc

Astra I (looks even smaller when you see one on the road):

tinyurl.com/r5g47l

I've seen a 10-reg - Londoner
I've seen the new Astra, in white. It looked great! (Even though white doesn't suit many cars IMHO).

I don't like the interior though. Just a bit too "funky" looking, and the instruments have yucky red illumination on the pics that I've seen.
 I've seen a 10-reg - Stuartli
Travelled on a 10-reg Arriva bus late last night - very smooth and comfortable. Driver said he was still getting used to driving it.
 I've seen a 10-reg - VxFan
>> The Astra G had a really decent sized opening the Astra H wasn't great
>> I'll try and find some pictures to illustrate what I mean...

I know exactly what you mean. My dad's mobility scooter was easy to lift into the boot of his Astra-G. Unfortunately he wrote it off just before Christmas. Looking round for a replacement car, the narrow Astra-H hatch opening made it near on impossible to get the mobility scooter in so he's had to buy an estate Astra-H instead.
Seems like a cunning ploy to get us to buy the bigger cars with the bigger profit margins! :)
 I've seen a 10-reg - tyro
And so, at last, have I. I went into town. And in one of my more alert moments spotted a 10-reg blue Fiesta. About 15 seconds later, saw another 10-reg blue Fiesta. I've no idea how many other 10-reg vehicles I had already driven past.
 I've seen a 10-reg - rtj70
Since the start of the month I have seen about 4 10-reg cars. So not many. Three of them in the last 24 hours.
 I've seen a 10-reg - Cockle
>> Since the start of the month I have seen about 4 10-reg cars. So not
>> many. Three of them in the last 24 hours.
>>

Just seen four in one house!

Regularly drive by a large house with a quintuple garage, normally all the doors are shut, occasionally there's a Ferrari parked outside one of the doors if it's nice weather. Drove by yesterday and there was the Ferrari and along side were four 10 plate BMW X5's parked side by side a la fire engines outside a fire station. I believe the owner runs a large packing company, obviously the recession has not collapsed the cardboard box market as yet!
 I've seen a 10-reg - R.P.
Strong cardboard obviously !
 I've seen a 10-reg - L'escargot
At long last I've seen one ~ but only yesterday. I suppose it's because I don't live in an affluent area.
Last edited by: L'escargot on Wed 17 Mar 10 at 07:17
 I've seen a 10-reg - AshT
A friend of mine called round on the weekend in his new 10-reg Mini Cooper - took the boys off to Mcd's in it which made their day.
 I've seen a 10-reg - VxFan
The first 10 plates that I saw were last week and were Vauxhall Astras. Ironically was the first time that I'd seen them on the road too.
 I've seen a 10-reg - Avant
Interesting variations up the page - Ifithelps thinks the new Astra looks like a Kia Cee'd; Alanovic thinks SEAT Leon - whereas I see strong echoes of the Mazda 3, especially towards the rear.

Either different people see things differently (that of course is a truism) or designers of medium-sized hatchbacks are independently reaching some form of consensus.

But then there's 'nothing new under the sun' - I can remember as a child in the 50's thinking how alike four-soor saloons of the early 1930s looked. And there must have been lots of similar designs coming out at the same time since then.
Latest Forum Posts