Motoring Discussion > Oops!! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 7

Oops!! - Bobby
So the missus texts me to ask if I had taxed her car for 1 Jan as she has had a reminder in.
Don't worry says I, I will do it online when I get home. Must have slipped my mind with it being this time of the year.

Go online to tax it and discover I can't.... due to the MOT having ran out in September!!

Is my wife annoyed at me ? No! This is giving her huge bragging and slagging rights! Me, the OCD person with diaries, spreadsheets and all the rest of it and it just totally slipped under the radar!

Thankfully the local mechanic lives round the corner from me, a quick exchange of texts and its booked in for 10am tomorrow morning!
 Oops!! - rtj70
Apart from now knowing you need to put a diary reminder for MOT 2018 before 20/01/2018 there are useful apps to check MOT and tax/RFL.

An Android app for example:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fujitsu.uk.legalvehicle&hl=en_GB

There must be others but I've used this a few times. Some negative reviews. Don't know how they get their data feed and if it's up to date.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Fri 20 Jan 17 at 00:32
 Oops!! - ToMoCo
>> So the missus texts me to ask if I had taxed her car for 1
>> Jan
>>
Are the fines not automatic now after 14 days?
 Oops!! - Falkirk Bairn
Bobby - a reminder!

tinyurl.com/hkny6yj
 Oops!! - Mike Hannon
There's an (almost) foolproof system for this sort of thing in France. We have little stickers on the windscreen...
 Oops!! - Mike H
>> There's an (almost) foolproof system for this sort of thing in France. We have little
>> stickers on the windscreen...
>>
Ditto here in Austria. Even had one when the car arrived new in October 2015 showing the first due date of October 2018.
 Oops!! - Duncan
Are you sure you two aren't one and the same person?

Mike H - lives in Europe

Mike Hannon - lives in Europe.

That's it. Definite.

You're the same bloke.
 Oops!! - Mike Hannon
I promise you I am unique. Anyway, I was here first...
Latest Forum Posts