Motoring Discussion > Add on HUDs. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 3

Add on HUDs. - henry k
Has anyone tried an " add on " Head Up Display that sits on the top of the dash?
I had always assumed they were an expensive built in option on a few top range vehicles.
My son tells me he is awaiting delivery of a NAVDY make. He does now have a small problem, he will not be able to try it out until he organises a replacement for his stolen car.
(Another target for scroats?)

www.navdy.com/
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKL4PJICS40
Cheesy intro.

Add on HUDs. - Shiny
Very impressive and well designed, but would not want one at all due to the naff aftermarket look, camera facing me all the time, price $799, distraction, theft risk etc...
 Add on HUDs. - Crankcase
If you just want to try, and have the tech, there are various apps about for smartphones that do this. As they rely on reflection, and the particular rake of your windscreen may not be right, success will vary from pants to fairly ok, but it gives you feel for whether you could find a proper unit useful.
 Add on HUDs. - henry k
>> Very impressive and well designed, but would not want one at all due to the
>> naff aftermarket look, camera facing me all the time, price $799, distraction, theft risk etc...
>>
The unit has now arrived and fitted to the new S/H Q5.
It is very impressive and IMO having the Sat Nav info directly in front is a big benefit.
I smiled at the ability to wave a hand to dismiss a phone call.
( He paid less than half price, many moons ago, as a pre order.)
Latest Forum Posts