Motoring Discussion > Cash for Crash? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 10

Cash for Crash? - Bobby
Is it just me or does this look extremely suspicious??
stv.tv/news/east-central/1368413-two-cars-in-rush-hour-crash-on-busy-edinburgh-road/

Cash for Crash? - Bromptonaut
>> Is it just me or does this look extremely suspicious??

Don't know, seems like a standard brain in neutral/thumb up bu m rear end.

May look different if you know the location.
 Cash for Crash? - Bobby
Its a small bump on a huge Insignia from a wee Polo that has resulted in the roof of the Insignia having to be cut off?
 Cash for Crash? - Bromptonaut
>> Its a small bump on a huge Insignia from a wee Polo that has resulted
>> in the roof of the Insignia having to be cut off?

Sure I've read somewhere that taking roof off is standard process where injured party states they cannot exit vehicle without risking making them worse. While cash/crash fraudsters want to maximise their take they're likely to claim delayed whiplash etc.

Writing off a newish car and claiming for an injury puts them in ambulance>immediate medical diagnosis territory; not their normal MO.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Thu 29 Sep 16 at 20:37
 Cash for Crash? - Runfer D'Hills
Usually, well, I think anyway, the crash for cash scammers are in some kind of disposable vehicle. That Vauxhall is relatively new.

I'm more inclined to think that the driver of the silver car wasn't paying attention. Countless, literally countless people typing on their smartphones while driving now. More or less an epidemic. Saw dozens today alone, some of whom were driving at motorway speeds too close to vehicles in front, blatantly thumb typing as they drove.

Maybe the driver of the silver car was facetweeting or whatever it is they do ?
 Cash for Crash? - No FM2R
If the woman complained of significant back pain then they may have felt it inappropriate or unsafe or risky to squeeze her out of the door.

But given that it was the fire brigade that cut off her roof, then that would be some kind of far-reaching conspiracy if it was dodgy.
 Cash for Crash? - Slidingpillar
But given that it was the fire brigade that cut off her roof, then that would be some kind of far-reaching conspiracy if it was dodgy.

Rightly or wrongly I've gained the impression that the fire brigade like cutting up cars and rendering them scrap.
 Cash for Crash? - Old Navy
>> Maybe the driver of the silver car was facetweeting or whatever it is they do ?
>>

That would be my guess or otherwise distracted, that is a simple cross roads with traffic lights.
 Cash for Crash? - Bobby
I just cant understand how a small bump like that would cause enough of whiplash / back injury to warrant this action. Now of course the driver may have an existing condition or whatever that a small bump has aggravated.

Also daresay that if you had just been diagnosed with a huge car repair bill or were struggling with the repayments then to ensure the car was written off and claimable against a third party could be a good outcome?

I have a neighbour who had an M3 that had been facing some huge bills and miraculously it was stolen in the middle of the night even though it had an exhaust that wakes the street up at 6am when he normally leaves for work......
 Cash for Crash? - Falkirk Bairn
For Sale

Rare open topped, fully air conditioned Vauxhall Insignia, 15 Reg, 1 stiff knecked Lady Driver / owner. Offers over £3000. (includes hard roof)

Tel 0131 331 3131
 Cash for Crash? - Dog
Quite common for cars to be 'stolen' where I come from [sowf lunden]

Can come in handy if yoos on drinking terms with a local breaker.

One poor chap ended up burnt to a crisp - took the oxy torch to the (empty) petrol tank.
Latest Forum Posts