Motoring Discussion > Renault Zoe 2 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 10

Renault Zoe 2 - Crankcase
Most of you know I've been banging on interminably about my fully electric Renault Zoe here this year.

Real range has proved to be about 100-115 miles per charge for me. Some get less, a few get even more.

Paris Motor Show this weekend, but an early leaked press release today has occurred. The NEDC range is double the existing one. Chances are, therefore, this car will have a real actual world range of 200-230 miles.

Available to order from 1st October, delivery this January, allegedly.

www.autoexpress.co.uk/renault/zoe/97213/refreshed-2017-renault-zoe-to-get-248-mile-electric-range

Renault Zoe 2 - sooty123
The range seems to be really coming on for electric cars. Once 350 miles per charge in a car at a reasonable price is launched then i think they will really be mainstream.
 Renault Zoe 2 - devonite
Is all the electricity for mobility(and for lights, electrics etc) provided by the battery charge thereby replacing the alternator, or do they help to self-charge by a "wheel-driven" generator or such like?
 Renault Zoe 2 - CGNorwich
I think for me electricity would be a serious option with a genuine 200 mile range. For the occasional long trip such as holiday would be happy to hire an appropriate vehicle.
 Renault Zoe 2 - mikeyb
>> I think for me electricity would be a serious option with a genuine 200 mile
>> range. For the occasional long trip such as holiday would be happy to hire an
>> appropriate vehicle.
>>

Thats where Nissan have been clever - if you buy a leaf they offer 2 weeks free use of a petrol car a year for the first 3 years
>> Thats where Nissan have been clever - if you buy a leaf they offer 2
>> weeks free use of a petrol car a year for the first 3 years
>>

True, but.

The "but" is that it only applies to the dealer you bought the car from (so forget getting a cheap deal online from the other end of the country) and it's at the dealer's discretion, not a Nissan UK thing, so you need to make sure they are going to offer it, and also some dealers will argue the toss when it comes to it, giving you any old Nissan, which may not be not necessarily the right size for you if you're going on holiday.

That's not from personal experience though, it comes from poking about t'internets when I was in the market for a Leaf. Not completely off-putting by any means, I think it's great they do it at all, but don't assume it's necessarily wonderful for everyone.

When it all comes together nicely though, I'm sure it's a big plus.

Last edited by: Crankcase on Wed 28 Sep 16 at 13:44
 Renault Zoe 2 - mikeyb

>> True, but.
>>

I'm surprised at that as its on the Nissan UK website as part of their "customer promise"

USE OF PETROL OR DIESEL CAR
YOU want to make extra-long journeys in your car.

NISSAN PROMISE to lend you a petrol or diesel car, free of charge, for up to 14 days during the first three years of ownership. All you pay is the insurance.

I've just looked at the T&Cs and it does state it has to be from your dealer which could be a problem, but it also states it will be a car at least as big as a Leaf - i.e. not a Pixo or Micra
 Renault Zoe 2 - CGNorwich
Sounds like a good idea
 Renault Zoe 2 - spamcan61
" biggest change to the Zoe will be a battery capacity that jumps from 41kWh to 22kWh"

That's a jump backwards then....
 Renault Zoe 2 - VxFan
>> That's a jump backwards then....

AutoExpress have got it round the wrong way.

www.startlr.com/renault-also-makes-the-expected-jump-zoe-arrives-to-400-km/

The current one has a 22 kWh battery, and its replacement gets a 41 kWh battery.
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 28 Sep 16 at 12:54
Well, should anyone be interested enough to wade through it, it's official. Renault UK page is here:

press.renault.co.uk/press-release/d0279d96-a390-40dd-9be7-c4bcfe6480dc

They are quite good at not overselling the range, and always have been. They say 186 miles, and I reckon 200 really is feasible for a toodler like me, although probably not at 70 mph continuously to be fair.

Wallop along at 80mph and I would think you'll still get 150 odd, at a rough guess.
Latest Forum Posts