Motoring Discussion > Bike Fleet. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 4

Bike Fleet. - R.P.
Been a busy summer in many ways...found time to rationalise the bike fleet. The scooter, the R1200GS and the R80G/S have all been sold, in their place I bought a Triumph Tiger 800 RTR as an all round daily bike and this has piled on the miles since I got it in May - now with just short of 2000 miles on the odometer. Been a cracking little workhorse, not in the same league as the 1200GS it replaced and ran alongside it for a couple of months afterwards, charming little bike with charisma and a pleasing engine note. Light as a feather compared to the Munich mile muncher. I'm taking delivery of the last dealer Triumph Scrambler 900 in two tone red/grey tomorrow. Good discount of close on £1200.00 on the RRP as it is now discontinued by Triumph....this will be a fun bike to own, boith bikes have cost around £5k in total to change when the sale value of the other bikes are taken into account so I'm happy. In other words for the price of one new R1200GS Adventure I get two totally different bikes.
 Bike Fleet. - Dog
>>Triumph Scrambler 900

Nice bike. I wouldn't say no to one for pootling around the moors now all the emmets have gorn home.

www.cycleworld.com/2015/08/20/triumph-900-scrambler-motorcycle-review-road-test-numbers-photos-specifications/
 Bike Fleet. - R.P.
Ended up on the wrong side of north Wales tonight on a new bike in the dark and heavy rain - not the best situation, especially when restricted to 3000rpm (50mph) on a dual carriageway on brand new tyres with zero rider aids (ABS, Power brakes, Traction Control decent lights etc etc) so I bugged out and rode through the by-passed towns....still the bike has oodles of character, superb exhaust note ! We'll get on I think. It's a keeper....looks superb in its two tone red and silver paintwork...! :-)

The bike has the same colour scheme as the one in the link other than the top of the tank is red and the bottom pearlescent silver...
Last edited by: R.P. on Fri 9 Sep 16 at 00:02
 Bike Fleet. - Robin O'Reliant
This is what I'd like -

www.autocar.co.uk/blogs/new-cars/honda-africa-twin-honda-nsx-motorbikes
 Bike Fleet. - R.P.
Highly rated - I did have a second look before plumping for the Tiger..
Latest Forum Posts