Motoring Discussion > Nissan Qashqai - Puncture Repair Kits Miscellaneous
Thread Author: maltrap Replies: 19

Nissan Qashqai - Puncture Repair Kits - maltrap
My son has just bought a Quashquai. It came with a puncture inflator kit. As i look after the car mechanically an inflator kit is something i don't like the look of. All of the previous cars i've had or looked after have had spare wheels or spacesavers, that being said i can't remember the last time i had to deal with a puncture. Nissan sell spacesaver kits for £180.
Should i buy or "stick" with the inflator kit. (pun intended)
 Nissan Qashqai - Puncture Repair Kits - R.P.
Neither of the cars here have spares - the 3 Series has Run Flats, the MINI has an inflator. Both cars have roadside assistance packages. The Camper has a full sized spare with no hope of a self roadside change. IMHO a roadside assistance package is all you need
 Nissan Qashqai - Puncture Repair Kits - WillDeBeest
Don't let the flat-earthers hear you say that. They'll make you hand in your fleece and oil can on the way out.
 Nissan Qashqai - Puncture Repair Kits - Zero
>> Don't let the flat-earthers hear you say that. They'll make you hand in your fleece
>> and oil can on the way out.

If the earth really was flat, and I mean flat with a capital EFF, we wouldn't get punctures.
If only! Sadly, even on the flattest earth, there'd still be builders to spill screws all over it.

But I suppose it wouldn't matter, since there'd be no friction, so tyres would be no use anyway.
 Nissan Qashqai - Puncture Repair Kits - Ian (Cape Town)
If you are near Glasgow, KwikFit has a special on... oh wait...

Nissan Qashqai - Puncture Repair Kits - CGNorwich
I would buy a space saver but not from the dealer. I got a space saver in as new condition for my golf for under £40 delivered from a scrapyard. Did it online. Used these people

www.breakerlink.com/?code_no=10002&gclid=CKiEmq6H_8sCFcE_GwodIPUF5w
 Nissan Qashqai - Puncture Repair Kits - VxFan
>> I would buy a space saver...

But first make sure the vehicle can accommodate one.

Nissan Qashqai - Puncture Repair Kits - Avant
There are still apparently 30,000 miles of roads in the UK where there is no mobile signal. I'd have thought that some of them are in your area of North Wales, RP. If you get a 2-inch gash from a pothole on one such road, you'll probably make it home with the runflat, but it'll be too much for the can of goo in the Mini.

You're miles from anywhere with no signal. I really wouldn't wish it on you.

Anyway, Maltrap, get the spacesaver. It just might be the best £180 you ever spent: or you could see if there's a suitable written-off Qashqai with wheel and kit in a breakers' yard somewhere.
I've tried Breakerlink, they quoted between £180-£192, so the main dealer is the obvious choice. The Quashquai does have a wheel well for a spacesaver.
 Nissan Qashqai - Puncture Repair Kits - bathtub tom
If the OP does get a space saver (or full size spare) don't forget you'll also need a jack, wheel-brace and knowing where the locking wheel-nut key is.

That's apart from knowing how to change the wheel and making sure the spare's inflated!
The main dealer price was for a spacesaver wheel & tyre, jack & wheel brace.
 Nissan Qashqai - Puncture Repair Kits - henry k
www.amazon.co.uk/Nissan-40300JD077-Space-Saver-16-inch/dp/B00ABK3UN8

Or £70 including jack and decent extending brace

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/222057978262?format=1&hlpv=1&cond=1&clk_rvr_id=1011593226514&rmvSB=true

If you find out / confirm the wheel & tyre size it might improve the search.
Hhappy hunting.?v
 Nissan Qashqai - Puncture Repair Kits - zippy
Remember to tell the tyre company that you have used the sealant in the can that comes with the inflator because it is apparently unpleasant stuff to get on you.

I find the inflator useful for checking tyre pressure and routine inflation checks - but why oh why don't they make the box in the boot big enough to take them back once the cables and hoses have been unwound and can't be put back as tightly as they are in the factory!

It is really important to check there are proper fittings and space for a space saver tyre as a loose wheel in the boot could be lethal in an accident.

(A colleague was hospitalised when his laptop case (which was behind his seat) seriously injured him when it impacted his head during an accident).
Good drift, Zippy! Extraordinary how hard some people seem to find it to open the boot. I presume this laptop case was on the back seat rather than the floor.
 Nissan Qashqai - Puncture Repair Kits - Runfer D'Hills
My car ( sniffs ever so slightly haughtily ) has a cargo net cum dog guard thingy which rises out of the loadspace cover bar to safely facilitate the storage of items above the level of the tops of the back seats.
 Nissan Qashqai - Puncture Repair Kits - legacylad
So did my L reg E200 estate. Going back a few years. Built like a brick s***house.
Continuity is reassuring, isn't it, LL? Did your E200 have the second, smaller sun visor under the main one?
 Nissan Qashqai - Puncture Repair Kits - Haywain
"My son has just bought a Quashquai. It came with a puncture inflator kit."

Good luck if you get a puncture on a cold, wet Saturday night in an isolated rural spot where you can't get a phone signal.

I speak from experience and I would certainly not go out with anything less than a space-saver spare wheel.
 Nissan Qashqai - Puncture Repair Kits - Dutchie
I've always carried a spare tyre be it space saver or full spare.Of course if you had a spare tyre in the boot not fastened you are looking for trouble.
Latest Forum Posts