Motoring Discussion > Non-claim damage report Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 4

Non-claim damage report - Ambo
Wife scraped and slightly deformed the onside wing of her car on a narrow bridge. A repair quotation is being sought but does she need to inform her insurer, if she does not make a claim?

The bridge took it like a man and was undamaged.
 Non-claim damage report - Zero
officially, yes. If it were me I wouldn't tho.
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 5 Apr 16 at 14:00
 Non-claim damage report - VxFan
Would you tell your house insurer if you spilt coffee on the carpet and replaced it yourself?

As per what Zero said. Keep it to yourself - unless you want to possibly increase your premium and reduce the amount of claims you're allowed to make in "x" years before it starts affecting your protected NCB.
 Non-claim damage report - CGNorwich
>> Wife scraped and slightly deformed the onside wing of her car on a narrow bridge.
>> A repair quotation is being sought but does she need to inform her insurer, if
>> she does not make a claim?
>

I rather suspect you will change you mind re claiming when you get the quote!

As Zero said the answer to,your question is yes, you need to disclose at renewal or if you have a claim under the policy.

A lot of people wouldn't if no third party damage was involved.

Non-claim damage report - Ambo

>> I rather suspect you will change you mind re claiming when you get the quote!
>>
>> As Zero said the answer to,your question is yes, you need to disclose at renewal
>> or if you have a claim under the policy.
>>
>> A lot of people wouldn't if no third party damage was involved.

Yes, £375 new quote seems a bit thick for straightening and re-spraying but a least no new panels are needed. I/friends know this outfit is good and competitive so we won't bother with alternative quotes.

Wife pointed out to them, in answer to their first question, that it was not an insurance quote. I suppose it would have been a lot more if it had.

And yes, I suppose the doctrine of uberrimae fidei applies to owning up to the insurer and that a future claim could be rejected if found out.
Latest Forum Posts