Motoring Discussion > Honda Accord Tourer - Airbag recall
Thread Author: Mapmaker Replies: 10

Honda Accord Tourer - Airbag recall - Mapmaker
I was astonished to receive a letter for an airbag recall on a car that is about 11 years old (doesn't time fly, I have had it nearly five years now). That's what you call service!

But then according to howmanyleft.co.uk there are 70-85% (depending on which model it might be) of all similar cars (2003-07) still left on the road.
 Honda Accord Tourer - Airbag recall - Zero
I have had one for the Lancer, which is 9 years old. Most cars with jap airbags of a certain vintage have had one. There are so many its going to take about 18 months to get them all done.
 Honda Accord Tourer - Airbag recall - helicopter
My Accord had the airbag recall last year...10 years old.

SWMBO,s Yaris is booked in for the check in a couple of weeks and it is 7 years old.

My main agent did the work at the second attempt as they failed to get the required part in time and took the opportunity to try and sell me tyres and brake pads when those on the car had plenty of life left.

I guess I can get them to do the 2008 headlamp recall (extra grommet or a hole drilled - I forget which - to prevent fogging up) at the same time.
 Honda Accord Tourer - Airbag recall - helicopter
Had that headlamp recall done on my previous Accord Tourer but covered under extended warranty anyway......also just a note Mapmaker that the electric motor for raising the rear door remotely on the Tourer is prone to failure for some reason...but a known fault.
 Honda Accord Tourer - Airbag recall - WillDeBeest
Hardly grounds for a safety recall, though - unless you're Alanović and stand under the broken tailgate while it falls on you.
};---)
 Honda Accord Tourer - Airbag recall - Alanovich
Ooo, you swine. I'd forgotten about that, but my elbow's better now (took about 6 months).

Twitch, twitch.

;-)
 Honda Accord Tourer - Airbag recall - Zero
>> Hardly grounds for a safety recall, though - unless you're Alanović and stand under the
>> broken tailgate while it falls on you.
>> };---)

To be fair he was also stabbed by the broken (sorry twice broken) strut.
 Honda Accord Tourer - Airbag recall - Runfer D'Hills
One of our reps had an Insignia estate and reported that the powered tailgate was faulty, in so far as it would open but would immediately close again unbidden.

He was keen to demonstrate this in the office car park so out we trooped to see a demonstration.

Now, this guy is quite short and shall we say, he must eat well...

He opened the tailgate and stood under it to sort of catch it on the way down but it must have caught him off balance because the result was that it trapped the upper half of his body in the bootspace while leaving his ample rear and little legs sticking out the back wriggling frantically in mid air.

I know the right thing to do would have been to rush to his aid without hesitation but it's really hard to do that when you are on your hands and knees slapping the ground and unable to breath...
 Honda Accord Tourer - Airbag recall - WillDeBeest
Poor you. I bet you could hardly hold the camera steady.
>> the electric motor for raising the rear door remotely on the Tourer is prone to failure for some reason...

From reading, provided you always use the electric motor to shut and open the boot [rear door?!] it should improve longevity. Or are you saying there is a fix that the dealer should offer me?
Latest Forum Posts