Motoring Discussion > 3rd electric car recall in a month Green Issues
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 11

3rd electric car recall in a month - VxFan
Volkswagen has recalled thousands of its e-Golf cars in the US citing a problem that could cause their motors to switch off while in use. It said there had been complaints of vehicles stalling unexpectedly, which could "increase the risk of a crash".

Earlier this month, Nissan revealed it needed to reprogramme the software that controls its Leaf vehicles' brakes. The NHTSA said that during cold temperatures, a part used in the Nissan Leaf's electronic brake booster could freeze, requiring more effort to bring the vehicles to a halt.

Days later, Renault said it needed to check and replace faulty brake hoses on its Zoe cars. The French firm said on 24 March that it needed to check the position of the Zoe's brake fluid hose to ensure it would not be damaged by coming into contact with a part designed to protect the vehicle's front wheel arch.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35920615

3rd electric car recall in a month - BobbyG
I was thinking of Crankcase the other day. Huge amount of motorway rebuilding going on around me and half way up the Bellshill bypass, with a patrol car sitting behind it with it slights on, was a Nissan Leaf broken down.

I am assuming that it run out of juice, potentially the driver realised and pulled off the roadworks controlled motorway to be safer and ended up broken down on the incline.

Assume these cant be put into neutral and towed away?
 3rd electric car recall in a month - R.P.
I wonder if the Police charged him ?
 3rd electric car recall in a month - VxFan
Don't you start.
 3rd electric car recall in a month - MD
I wonder if he was choked?
 3rd electric car recall in a month - tyrednemotional
>> I wonder if the Police charged him ?
>>

....assault and battery?
and possession of acid..
 3rd electric car recall in a month - Zero
>> >> I wonder if the Police charged him ?
>> >>
>>
>> ....assault and battery?

Well he is not generating any sympathy
 3rd electric car recall in a month - tyrednemotional
....yes, he was revolting........
 3rd electric car recall in a month - Zero
ah well its a cell for him then
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 31 Mar 16 at 08:46
Hope its a dry one
 3rd electric car recall in a month - Crankcase

>>
>> Assume these cant be put into neutral and towed away?
>>

Zoe can be towed in neutral - Leaf can't. Flatbed only officially for those, though some folk have towed anyway with no obvious problems afterwards.

Thought I was in for a nightmare last night - being a Renault, Not Everything Is Perfect. But all was well in the end after a scary half an hour, which was my own fault.

The Zoe brake hose thing is what Renault are calling a "blue recall". No idea why it's called that. But it affects cars built up to a year before mine (phew!), and is only checked if drivers know about it and ask their dealer, so either it's not that important it's a pretty poor show from Renault if its really a safety issue. Take your pick.

Other than that, all still lovely, now done coming up for 1900 miles, total electricity cost to me not yet £10, and have on a handful of occasions opted to take the Zoe over the Volvo, as I prefer driving it.
Latest Forum Posts