Motoring Discussion > Citroen C3 Picasso - Beeping when a bulb has blown Miscellaneous
Thread Author: TheManWithNoName Replies: 7

Citroen C3 Picasso - Beeping when a bulb has blown - TheManWithNoName
Does your car audibly warn you if a bulb has blown?
I only ask because just before xmas the MIL drove from Essex to Cumbria and 2 hours into her journey a warning beep sounded.
Upon resuming her journey the beep stopped and didn't return.
It was cold so it was assumed to be an ice alert. She doesn't recall what, if anything, appeared on the dashboard display.

Over xmas when I visited her she asked me to drive it to the dealer in Carlisle where she'd booked it in.
Upon collection the dealer told me both rear brake light bulbs had blown but they didn't seem too sure as to whether it would have produced the warning.

Anyway they charged for the replacement bulbs and I was on my way.
 Citroen C3 Picasso - Beeping when a bulb has blown - Runfer D'Hills
Maybe the beeping wasn't coming from the car...

;-)
 Citroen C3 Picasso - Beeping when a bulb has blown - VxFan
>> they didn't seem too sure as to whether it would have produced the warning.

Easy enough to check. Put the blown bulb(s) back in.
 Citroen C3 Picasso - Beeping when a bulb has blown - TheManWithNoName
Sound advice. Next time I see her I'll smash her bulbs.

Now, where's the nearest Lidl...
 Citroen C3 Picasso - Beeping when a bulb has blown - Bromptonaut
If it was for a bulb I'd expect the beep to recur at start up and for any relevant warning lamp to remain lit until the fault was cleared. Old Berlingo had a dodgy sensor and would give a spurious low brake fluid warning when parked on a slope. Bong on startup plus STOP annunciator and brake symbol illuminated on one bong but lights stayed on. Same on every start until the thing settled down.

I'd guess it was frost. I think Mrs B's 2013 'lingo bongs if it findsfrost while moving.

Likewise the Roomie discombobulated me with a 'bong' while on the A5 over the weekend. A quick scan ascertained the outside temperature and a snowflake symbol had replaced the 'range in tank' message I have by preference. Happened again in same place on way back, just by the Duncote turn. Bit of a dip just there so probably a potential frost pocket
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Thu 14 Jan 16 at 14:33
 Citroen C3 Picasso - Beeping when a bulb has blown - Zero
Thats one thing I despise the Fezzer for. It bings and bongs for every ruddy thing on earth
 Citroen C3 Picasso - Beeping when a bulb has blown - Runfer D'Hills
And if you choose to ignore the bings and bongs it bangs too apparently.
 Citroen C3 Picasso - Beeping when a bulb has blown - Zero
It depends on the bing or bong you ignore. Its a good plan to turn off the ones that matter most tho. (sigh)
Latest Forum Posts