Motoring Discussion > More trying Veg oil for fuel? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: - Replies: 6

More trying Veg oil for fuel? - -
Not just here but other forums i peruse now and again there seem to be threads popping up about the use of Veg oil us fuel in Diesels of modern design, it went quiet for some time and one could almost be tempted again into a used Diesel.

Is it that owners are desperately short of the readies, or have a new batch of as yet veg oil virgins joined the lemmings out to destroy their fuel systems.

Which is worse, an injection system polluted by accidental petrol misfuel or deliberate veg oil contamination, wouldn't want to buy either.
 More trying Veg oil for fuel? - Number_Cruncher
Would that it were only the fuel system being ruined by these dull types. Piston ring gumming, massive fuel blowby, and eventual sump oil breakdown is not unknown.

IMO, you're right to point out that this abuse makes a second hand diesel more of a gamble than it should be.
 More trying Veg oil for fuel? - mikeyb

>> Which is worse, an injection system polluted by accidental petrol misfuel or deliberate veg oil
>> contamination, wouldn't want to buy either.
>>

Nots ure but I would imagine the damage / bill is bad either way
 More trying Veg oil for fuel? - L'escargot
The chips from our local chip shop taste as if they fry them in diesel in place of vegetable oil!
Last edited by: L'escargot on Thu 22 Jul 10 at 07:16
 More trying Veg oil for fuel? - Collos
Used ex Imbiss oil for ten years in a 405 and a xm estate but not anymore because neither I nor my BIL will put it in our newish cars.
 More trying Veg oil for fuel? - Shiny
I have used rape oil mixed with diesel for nearly 10 years in 3 cars. I have had no problems that can be attributed to it. Saved £thousands, but not so much these days as the oil is 75p a litre, it was 26p when I started.
 More trying Veg oil for fuel? - FotheringtonTomas
>> (vegetable) oil is 75p a litre, it was 26p when I started.

"Cause and effect".
Latest Forum Posts