Motoring Discussion > AA Connect Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Rick O'Shea Replies: 5

AA Connect - Rick O'Shea
Anyone know anything about this info.theaa.com/HM?b=06EsXyqbBzUH0AXtZMROJ5-gorr0vwgWjFNhGGJrzRwmPJU9NCnwOCLD5CuPkTvz&c=oRZyGwQwAzx2JSOrAwbo4Q
Last edited by: Rick O'Shea on Wed 30 Sep 15 at 17:44
 AA Connect - zippy
It looks like it may be the AA's version of On-Star, uses sat-nav and a connection to the ODBC connector to monitor the car.

www.onstar.com/us/en/home.html

BTW. Was browsing my next company car choice and noticed that my employer will not buy vehicles with an On-Star type tracking system if it cannot be de-activated as it would allow the car company to determine where our customers are.
 AA Connect - sooty123
Why would onstar want to know about your customers? Genuine question.
 AA Connect - zippy
I don't know if the locations are stored, but they are available to the Onstar system.

Knowing the locations of our vehicles on a Monday to Friday would give anyone looking at the data a good idea of where our customers are and the ones that we are spending some serious time with.

I guess someone in the fleet team made a decision that this was not acceptable. I do know that some car and electronics manufacturers have business units that are rivals to some of our business units, so I suspect that this may be part of the rationale.
 AA Connect - Old Navy
I think the answer has been missposted in the electric car thread. And fixed. :-)
Last edited by: Old Navy on Wed 30 Sep 15 at 19:22
 AA Connect - Rick O'Shea
Thanks for the info everyone!
Last edited by: Rick O'Shea on Thu 1 Oct 15 at 12:41
Latest Forum Posts