Motoring Discussion > Revision Tecnica (Chilean MOT) Miscellaneous
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 13

Revision Tecnica (Chilean MOT) - No FM2R
Arrived at testing station at 7am ish. 50 odd cars in front of me.

Station opened at 7.30am. Its now 8.30ish and there's still 40 odd in front and goodness only knows how many behind.

Its going to be a long day.
 Revision Tecnica (Chilean MOT) - Armel Coussine
>> Its going to be a long day.

Can't you use money and status to jostle your way up the queue FMR? Or just buy a bent certificate from a crooked official? I imagine lots of others do. I would.

These things may not be possible in Chile of course. But I bet they are.
Bent certificates here are about as difficult a proposition as they are in the UK. The levels of process control and honesty are similar.

However, who wants to bypass a system which is safety related and could result in horrendous legal and insurance issues in the event of an accident?

Trying to queue jump would be painful and dangerous.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Thu 7 May 15 at 16:09
 Revision Tecnica (Chilean MOT) - Armel Coussine
I was just teasing you really FMR. Got a good Chilean friend who's perfectly moral and very cool, a sort of upper-class guy as I imagine you are.

Bent certificates and skimped MoTs are far from unknown here though. Indeed there's often a bit of scuffling when something untoward has happened. Just remembering hire and reward insurance from my minicabbing days...
 Revision Tecnica (Chilean MOT) - Dave_
A chap I worked for 20+ years ago used to MoT his vans over the 'phone.
 Revision Tecnica (Chilean MOT) - Kevin
>Trying to queue jump would be painful and dangerous.

Surely asking others in the queue ahead of you to help you dispose of the ice chest full of booze getting warm in the bed of the pickup wouldn't be painful or dangerous?
 Revision Tecnica (Chilean MOT) - Zero
>> Arrived at testing station at 7am ish. 50 odd cars in front of me.
>>
>> Station opened at 7.30am. Its now 8.30ish and there's still 40 odd in front and
>> goodness only knows how many behind.
>>
>> Its going to be a long day.

What you moaning about? A 6 minute MOT sounds great to me.
It would be if there weren't 40 of them in front of me.
And the damned thing failed.
 Revision Tecnica (Chilean MOT) - sooty123
Anything particluarly bad, which vehicle was it?
Dodge Ram. Fluid leak on the steering rack.

Revision Tecnica (Chilean MOT) - sooty123
Power steering pump leak is it?

Fairly new is it? We used to get them on hire when say in the US. I loved them, prefered the F series pick up but not fussy. I didn't see what all the fuss was until I had one in the US, in a word, brilliant. Loved them.
Not that new actually, I use it for banging around the mountains. The "spare" fluid is dripping off the rack itself (they insisted on dragging me into the pit to show me).

Where it is actually coming from I don't know.

A man is under it right now making it better. And then *he* is taking back, since there is no retest and it all has to be done from the start and I'm not b***** doing it.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Thu 7 May 15 at 19:24
 Revision Tecnica (Chilean MOT) - legacylad
Had a Dodge Ram Bighorn rental a few years ago in CA. Could not get it into 'drive' taking it out of the rental yard. Not bring familiar with autos I had no idea you had to put foot on brake. I do now! It was a big numb V8 Hemi. Perfect for snowy conditions on its winter tyres .
Latest Forum Posts