Motoring Discussion > Ford - Prices reduced again Buying / Selling
Thread Author: RattleandSmoke Replies: 10

Ford - Prices reduced again - RattleandSmoke
Looks like Ford is seeing things as common sense, should at least be enough to bring back a lot of the buyers who looked east back to Ford.

www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/253975/ford_cuts_prices.html

Ford - Prices reduced again - madf
A mindless policy as company car tax is based on list price..

Ford - Prices reduced again - RattleandSmoke
What was mindless the price rises or price reducations?
 Ford - Prices reduced again - sherlock47
>> A mindless policy as company car tax is based on list price..
>>
>>
>>

But they are cutting the list prices!
 Ford - Prices reduced again - Lygonos
£18,500 for a near-base spec Focus was simply madness.

I still don't understand what they were thinking unless it was an attempt to getting scrappage cash without actually paying their £1000 share. ("Well if you are buying it outright we can do 2 grand off, but if you want scrappage we can only do 1 grand"...)

Ford - Prices reduced again - L'escargot
>> £18,500 for a near-base spec Focus was simply madness.

Even the cheapest Focus ~ the Style at £17,945 ~ is well equipped. www.ford.co.uk/Cars/Focus
 Ford - Prices reduced again - mikeyb
>> >> £18,500 for a near-base spec Focus was simply madness.
>>
>> Even the cheapest Focus ~ the Style at £17,945 ~ is well equipped. www.ford.co.uk/Cars/Focus
>>

Looked at this link and all I could see was most things were either optional or not fitted to the style. That price is a complete joke. To put things in perspective the entry level Audi A3 is £16,085 - thats nearly 2 grand less and having a quick flick through the spec I couldnt see that the Focus style gave you any more than the A3. Factor in the residuals and Ford's pricing policy looks like suicide.

I fully understand that Ford will willingly give a discount, but so will Audi (if not to the same %) - someone with little car / negotiating interest may well just sit down - look at the brochure and decide from there.

Ford - Prices reduced again - Focusless
>> >> Even the cheapest Focus ~ the Style at £17,945 ~ is well equipped.

>> I fully understand that Ford will willingly give a discount

Drivethedeal price: £12,109 (on the road), which perhaps is a bit more realistic

Not sure what the cheapest A3 is, but the 1.2TFSI has a list of £16,204, which DtD sell for £14,544.
 Ford - Prices reduced again - mikeyb
12K sounds like a realistic figure, but I fear that they may lose customers who are scared off by the 18K headline figure. Also couldn't get my head around why ISOFIX fittings are a no cost option of the Focus? I cant imagine people not wanting it, and I would have thought that they would have got more points from Euro NCAP for standard fitment?
 Ford - Prices reduced again - Falkirk Bairn
Ford trimming new car costs again!

DT has this article

www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/car-manufacturers/ford/8140797/Ford-prices-get-real.html
 Ford - Prices reduced again - Perky Penguin
Interesting slip of the tongue or mis-reporting
"He claims that Ford's plants are currently operating at around 86 or 87 per cent efficiency, "so we are waiting for the others to blink here." " Hopefully he is talking about capacity and not efficiency?
Latest Forum Posts