Motoring Discussion > Suzuki - Suzuki Celerio brake failure
Thread Author: Boxsterboy Replies: 12

Suzuki - Suzuki Celerio brake failure - Boxsterboy
www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/suzuki-celerio-sales-halted-following-brake-failure-during-autocar-tests

Whoops! 2 Suzuki Celerios suffer total brake failure during tests by Autocar and What Car. Who said there was no such thing as bad publicity?
 Suzuki - Suzuki Celerio brake failure - WillDeBeest
We large ungulates have reason to remember another case of it.
 Suzuki - Suzuki Celerio brake failure - Bill Payer
Add that it affect RHD vehicles, but not those sold in Japan (presumably also RHD).

If they've got to supplu courtesy cars to every owner it's lucky they haven't sold many. I know it's not a car which would stand out, but I can't recall ever seeing one.

I did briefly consider Suzuki's SX4 Crossover recently, but there are too many reports of poor quality finishing, and if the bits you can see aren't good then that's always a bit worrying.
 Suzuki - Suzuki Celerio brake failure - Duncan
There are 24 for sale on Auto Trader if anybody wants one..............
 Suzuki - Suzuki Celerio brake failure - Old Navy
My last four cars, Focus, Ceed, ix35, and Yaris have all had the brake servo on the right directly operated by the brake pedal. I would not buy a car with a cheapo RHD conversion that leaves the servo on the left with a transfer linkage.
 Suzuki - Suzuki Celerio brake failure - R.P.
But this car shouldn't be a cheapo convesion to RHD - designed and built by Suzuki, in Japan they drive on the left..
 Suzuki - Suzuki Celerio brake failure - Bromptonaut
>> But this car shouldn't be a cheapo convesion to RHD - designed and built by
>> Suzuki, in Japan they drive on the left..

I wonder how many production lines and sub variants there are?

The report linked by OP refers to versions built in Thailand for Irish, UK and NZ markets. Others are built in India. Third line in Japan?
The'll have their home assembly line I suppose. But all those countries are RHD markets.
Looking at Wiki - production is lmited to those countries it seems. Personally I would buy a Dacia before one of those. Rather embarrasing none the less.....could have been nasty in a n accident...
 Suzuki - Suzuki Celerio brake failure - bathtub tom
I'd suggest the brake fluid boiled. I've experienced it once, never to be forgotten.

The brake pedal became stuck in the fully depressed position and had no effect on the Suzuki's speed.
 Suzuki - Suzuki Celerio brake failure - Zero
>> I'd suggest the brake fluid boiled. I've experienced it once, never to be forgotten.
>>
>> The brake pedal became stuck in the fully depressed position and had no effect on
>> the Suzuki's speed.

I would suggest the brake fluid didn't boil. Wont happen with one hard stop, and the symptoms are all wrong.

Its a mechanical linkage or master cylinder turning itself inside out problem.
 Suzuki - Suzuki Celerio brake failure - VxFan
They should have stuck with just making motorbikes.
 Suzuki - Suzuki Celerio brake failure - Bill Payer
>> I would not buy a car
>> with a cheapo RHD conversion that leaves the servo on the left with a transfer
>> linkage.
>>
There have been a few cars where the passenger could brake the car by pressing the floor! Quite recently Citroen recalled the C3 Picasso for this.
Latest Forum Posts