Motoring Discussion > motor legal protection Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: sajid Replies: 4

motor legal protection - sajid
I just had my civic car insurance renewed by direct line, i bought the fully comprehensive insurance policy, for a further £30 there was motor legal protection, i then googled and the
cheapest was like £7 to £20.

Is it worth having it?
 motor legal protection - nice but dim
This has been asked loads on here. I think the general consensus is that its better to have than not. Just that little extra backup if it all goes bosoms skywards.

I plump for it still even though I still don't understand what it does/covers. My policy is under £300 now even with all the extras and business cover so its cost is less of an issue.

If im right (NoFM2R will correct), you can claim on non-insured expenses as the result of a claim on your car insurance like, taxis, alternative transport and damaged goods carried as well as legal costs if claiming off a third party.
 motor legal protection - Armel Coussine
Yeah, and why not claim for two or three comfort women to calm you down physiologically. What could be more reasonable, while you're about it?

'What d'you mean, you "don't do that"? I was told you'd do anything...'
 motor legal protection - henry k
>> Is it worth having it?
>>
IMO Yes. In my experience Yes.

A few years ago in my road a women flung her door open and I clipped it.
" Sorry I was late for the dentist! "
The claim just said I drove into her door. B obvious I did :-(

I eventually got to half my excess to be paid. I awaited the money but nowt.
I was accused of cashing it etc. Stupid demands to see my bank account etc
I invoked legal clause and quite a few letters went back and forth to insurance company banks etc.
Eventually resolved. Personal cheque obviously had been issued but cashed by my insurance company. I hate to think how much that cost in legal fees.
 motor legal protection - jc2
Claimed on it twice-both times it worked.However check that you don't already have it-some recovery firms include it and also,for me,the CSMA(Civil Service Motoring Association)include it in their membership.
Latest Forum Posts