Motoring Discussion > An "ugly" yellow car is ruining tourists photos Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 17

An "ugly" yellow car is ruining tourists photos - VxFan

An "ugly" yellow car parked in a picturesque Cotswold village is being blamed for ruining hundreds of tourists' snaps.

A shot of the Vauxhall Astra Corsa parked in Bibury was posted by Lee McCallum with the comment: "Picture postcard street photobombed by ugly little yellow car."

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-31037446

Obviously these amatuer photographers have never heard of photoshop or other photo editing software.
 An "ugly" yellow car is ruining tourists photos - John Boy
Reading that article reminded me of working for the housing department of the Greater London Council in the sixties. As part of an induction day I was liberated from County Hall and taken on a coach tour of GLC property. There was a running commentary from a council official with the tour mic. When we arrived at the first tower block in the east end, he immediately betrayed the fact that he'd never lived in one by saying, "Oh, dear, the tenants WILL put their washing out on the balconies!"
Last edited by: John Boy on Fri 30 Jan 15 at 13:51
 An "ugly" yellow car is ruining tourists photos - Old Navy
I used to drive past eilean donan castle several times a month for several years, invariably there was a white Transit van parked at the side of the castle. No Photoshop in those days and I often thought it spoilt the view for the many tourists that pass by on their way to Skye.
 An "ugly" yellow car is ruining tourists photos - No FM2R
Can't you just imagine the alternative BBC Headline...

"Tourists force owner of car to move it from outside his own house!!"
 An "ugly" yellow car is ruining tourists photos - Notdoctorchris
Whether it should be there or not, it is undoubtedly a very ugly car.
A yellow blob-shaped object with horrible black wheels that merge with the tyres to give the illusion that there's nothing in the wheelarches.
Design like that should be banned, or at least only allowed in Reading and Milton Keynes.
 An "ugly" yellow car is ruining tourists photos - Armel Coussine
Harmless garish little motor it looks to me. Fits nicely into its little parker and sets off the rather smug and consistent village street.

Must be a former private village belonging to some landed magnate in former times, now owned perhaps by a Bahamas-registered company... Such places are often well-found and handsome, but the uniform painting of windows and doors often indicates something like that.

I bet US tourists love that place. It looks a bit dour to me.
 An "ugly" yellow car is ruining tourists photos - Armel Coussine
>> Must be a former private village belonging to some landed magnate

Those villages sound rather fun in their way. The magnate paid the inhabitants, not always generously, to work his fields and farms, then charged them rent for the regimented houses. All right for some.

And when the Main Man rode past on his thoroughbred, everyone had to stop what they were doing, line up, take their hats off and pull their forelocks with an inarticulate murmur. Buxom maidens were allowed to giggle a bit and roll suggestively in haystacks I seem to remember.

It were reet canny being a lord in them days.
 An "ugly" yellow car is ruining tourists photos - Duncan
>> Must be a former private village belonging to some landed magnate in former times, now
>> owned perhaps by a Bahamas-registered company..

National Trust, innit?
 An "ugly" yellow car is ruining tourists photos - WillDeBeest
I've found most of my photos of touristical areas work better in black and white. If it's not parked cars, it's luridly dressed fuglies, advertising boards or the other multicoloured detritus of modern life. It's hard to keep them out of shot altogether but they're far less obtrusive if you drain the colour out of them.
 An "ugly" yellow car is ruining tourists photos - legacylad
I'm surprised someone has not pushed it into the steam then torched it. I am sure environmental services would soon get it towed away. Water pollution and all that.
 An "ugly" yellow car is ruining tourists photos - MD
>> I'm surprised someone has not pushed it into the steam then torched it. I am
>> sure environmental services would soon get it towed away. Water pollution and all that.
>>
R :-0)
 An "ugly" yellow car is ruining tourists photos - Ted

I remember some years ago there were complaints about hikers on the High Peak in Derbyshire and other places wearing brightly coloured coats. I had a red one.

Colour pollution, they called it. I don't think it went anywhere.in the end.

I'd much rather the rescue hecilopter could see me ! Coloured cars are part of modern life. I have a red one and live in a listed house but no-one complains.............listed in the phone book, anyway !
 An "ugly" yellow car is ruining tourists photos - WillDeBeest
What's a phone book, Grandad?
 An "ugly" yellow car is ruining tourists photos - Old Navy
>> What's a phone book, Grandad?
>>

It what you use after the dog has eaten your sim card and peed in your phone. :)
 An "ugly" yellow car is ruining tourists photos - Tigger
The owner of the yellow car should investigate the companies who pay to advertise on your vehicle!
 An "ugly" yellow car is ruining tourists photos - Cliff Pope
I'd want to have a white van displaying St George's flags just to be annoying.
 An "ugly" yellow car is ruining tourists photos - Runfer D'Hills
"I take hundreds of people there each year and the ugly little car is always there", said tour operator Mr McCallum.

Oh now then Mr McCallum, you wouldn't be using this as a little publicity stunt to draw attention to one of your tour destinations now would you? Of course not, pure coincidence I'm sure...

;-)
 An "ugly" yellow car is ruining tourists photos - R.P.
He probably drives something dreadful...or even cycles..
Latest Forum Posts