Motoring Discussion > 2003 Astra Dual Fuel Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 10

2003 Astra Dual Fuel - BobbyG
Followed one of these today and was wondering what the chances are that 12 years down the line, it was still running on both fuels?

What you reckon (I don't know the answer) - was the target market for these cars fleet drivers? It was white - maybe ex-plod?
Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 24 Jan 15 at 18:14
 2003 Astra Duel Fuel - Old Navy
Is duel fuel alcoholic courage prior to the duel ? :)
 2003 Astra Duel Fuel - VxFan
Saw a 1999 Vectra-B, and a 2003 Zafira filling up with LPG the other day. Obviously not both at the same time, so it's entirely possible the 03 Astra you saw was still using LPG.
 2003 Astra Duel Fuel - WillDeBeest
That was a bit of luck, VF. Did you write the numbers in your little book?
}:---)
Last edited by: WillDeBeest on Wed 21 Jan 15 at 07:33
 2003 Astra Duel Fuel - Slidingpillar
Meow!
:o)
Last edited by: Slidingpillar on Wed 21 Jan 15 at 09:17
 2003 Astra Duel Fuel - VxFan
>> Did you write the numbers in your little book?

Slap /
 2003 Astra Duel Fuel - spamcan61
Think it was around 2002/3 when vx had a dual fuel option on very model from Corsa to Omega; presumably they didn't sell well as they soon disappeared again.
 2003 Astra Duel Fuel - Zero
>> Think it was around 2002/3 when vx had a dual fuel option on very model
>> from Corsa to Omega; presumably they didn't sell well as they soon disappeared again.

They thought it would halve the chance of them breaking down. That didn't work so they gave up that idea.
 2003 Astra Duel Fuel - Cliff Pope
>> was wondering what the chances are that 12 years
>> down the line, it was still running on both fuels?
>>

I don't see why not. A previous owner converted my Volvo 240 to LPG 15 years ago and it's still running. It's done about 2/3 of its 330,000 miles on LPG.

I don't do much duelling these days. Crumple zones, air bags and side-impact protection have changed the rules.
 2003 Astra Duel Fuel - TheManWithNoName
I remember driving a transit van running dual fuel. It was rubbish. If you flicked the switch to LPG is stuttered and ran like a three legged donkey and stalled at every junction. 'orrible thing it was.
 2003 Astra Duel Fuel - carmalade
The dual fuel system fitted to the Astra was pretty much a disaster from day one.Although the system was a factory fit ,it was not made by vauxhall /Gm ,so sourcing any tech info to fix them was very difficult.So,in answer to the original question,highly unlikely!
Latest Forum Posts