Motoring Discussion > Hyundai i20 - Hyundai ix20 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 7

Hyundai i20 - Hyundai ix20 - Ambo
I have an i10 which I have outgrown, in that stiffening legs have made it hard to access and exit. The distance between the seat at its rearmost and the lower leading edge of the front door frame is too short. I will have a look at the new version, which may be slightly roomier, but the new ix20, a kind of mini-SUV, looks a great deal better.

Can anyone kindly comment on this car from experience, preferably owning one? I know it will cost a lot more to buy and run but am prepared for that. One plus point is that the suspension was developed using British roads, and we have a pothole-ridden lot round my way.
 Hyundai i20 - Hyundai ix20 - BobbyG
Can't comment on it from owning but when I was looking to change my Altea, I had looked at an ix20 as a downsize but still with the upright looks.

I was very impressed with it, seating is quite flexible and the top of the range came with sunroof which I wanted. One downside was that I would have been looking at a diesel and I had read in some forums that the economy was very poor, think in real life world it was only doing mid to late 40s.

Might be worth having a look through
hyundaiclub.co.uk/forums/i20-ix20/ for comments and feedback.

Of course you have the Kia Venga which is the same car but could you be a Venga boy/girl?

The other options you have are the Juke, Mokka, B Max , 2008 which all have similar upright seating though large scale of price ranges!
 Hyundai i20 - Hyundai ix20 - Auristocrat
www.hyundaiclub.co.uk are just one of several forums Hyundai owners contribute to. Others are:
www.hyundai-forums.com
www.hyundaiownersclub.co.uk
www.hyundaiforum.com
www.talkhyundai.com/hyundaiforumuk

A note re the Hyundai Owners Club - last year the administrators had a purge on clearing old posts, and they inadvertently wiped out some of the model-specific forums. They hadn't backed up the model-specific forums, so couldn't re-build them.
The current i20 was designed in Germany and is quite practical. Bear in mind there will be a brand new model launched later this year (probably around September), so there might be some good deals on the current version the nearer one gets to September.
As regards the ix20 - also have a look at the Kia Venga which is the ix20's sister car.
 Hyundai i20 - Hyundai ix20 - Ambo
The club site is not very encouraging although most complaints are about fuel consumption, which is not a preoccupation of mine. What Car? don't like the car but I am not sure how much weight they carry. HJ mostly does.
 Hyundai i20 - Hyundai ix20 - BobbyG
HJ Likes most things that come out of Korea does he not??
 Hyundai i20 - Hyundai ix20 - rtj70
I thought his wife was from Thailand. :-)
I20 and ix20 designed in Europe.
i20 built in Turkey for the UK market and the Europe only ix20 in the Czech Republic
Latest Forum Posts